What do you think when someone tells you they have been single for years?

Negatively? As if they probably have a major character flaw.

Positively? Maybe they're just really selective and only date the right person.

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been single for about 4 years now. No sex, hook ups and so on. is it because I'm a loser? Maybe but Im not a bad guy at all. I had a bad break up, My future wife changed her mind after I stood by her choice to abort my child for college ( and she didn't go to college ). Then guilt tripped me for years. I felt like a not only lost someone I loved but I also lost my kid. After that I became waay too afraid to move on. Sure im slowing completing college and my own thing but I know I won't be able to connect that closely again. The moment I open up about my insecurities is the moment I will be looked down on as weak and less attractive. Everyone else is so fun and the life of the party and I'm not.

What Guys Said 4

• Nothing at all. It's no business of mine whether or not someone else is single unless I'm trying to date them. In the event that I am trying to date them, I'd rather they had a boyfriend 3 years ago than 3 days ago.

• If she was dating me I would take that as a good thing. If she's just saying that to me as a friend or just in general, I would be like "well I've never had a relationship so I don't really feel sorry for u"

• I'm more in the positive side. I will assume they're just picky.

I've never been in a relationship before and I'm 20 years old. For me it has a lot to do with insecurity issues and not understanding relationships. I am also a bit picky as well that's why.

• I'm curious to see what people put here as somebody who has been single for years.

I react neutrally. I don't like jumping to conclusions on people. I let their actions speak for them, not some split second judgment call that could be completely off base.

What Girls Said 3

• I'll think they probably don't have luck in love or that they have too much in their plate to date.
    In my case, I don't have luck.
    Mostly because I'm a picky person.

• I look for the reasons behind their actions.

• It honestly depends. You never really know. Someone can be hot, have a good personality and all and be a player or whore. They can also be really insecure and not understand relationships. Another reason is that they're crazy. I'm usually surprised, but don't say anything until I know them more