Are all girls on dating sites/apps actually looking for dating or just for attention?

I was on Tinder and was shocked to see some of my female friends who have partners. Then there are girls who told me they're not looking for anyone now, but I found them on Tinder! There's also girls who seem to enjoy talking to me on the app but wouldn't want to date.
Wtf?

Most Helpful Girl

• They are there cause they can't find someone in their local area, maybe they don't have a social life.
    I can say many girls hate that over load of messages they get from guys that repeat the same thing.
    If they say they aren't looking for someone, they are lying. They are just not interested in you.

What Girls Said 5

• Some want attention, some want a bf, some want a one night stand, some it's comedian session with inboxes full of "lames"

• I think it just depends i wasn't lookin for anything but friends and then a guy I knew that I ain't seen in 5 years messaged me and we hit it off and we have been dating for 10 months

• I agree with heartbroke. It all just depends. There are genuine girls out there who are actually wanting to find someone.

• I don't think it should depend..a dating app is for dating!

• But some people abuse that which makes it harder for people who are actually trying to find someone

• Paid sites get a better percentage of serious people than free ones...

• the girls on there are just there to have guys like the pick or whatever it is that u do on tinder. no good girl with morals and values will be there so if thats something that ur looking for the look somewhere else. they are just there for fun. nothing is serious on that. thats why they never want to meet up in real life. these girls are just too needy and need reassurance about their physical appearance because they are not too confident with themselves. my opinion of course :)

What Guys Said 3

• Girls are completely in their element on these social dating sites/apps so it's hard to stay away once they've sipped from the golden chalice.

Guys approach fearlessly and in large numbers. Girls can sit back and measure them by height, weight, income, occupation, sign, shoe size, or whatever other criteria can be filled out. Why leave when you have that sense of desirability and knowledge of all of the superficial aspects of guys without having to waste time dating them to find out they make less than you?

• Some look for attention. Some go on there out of boredom. Some want to meet people.

They

The easiest way to filter these girls out is just to ask them out pretty quickly. Don't message forever. If she won't give.you her number move on. Yeah she might have bern genuine but in my experience if they want you to talk to them online for a long time they aren't, girls genuinely looking to meet you usually give their numbers once they can tell you're not an axe murderer.

They might tell you they don't want to date because they don't like you and they want to let you down gently.

• The girls will just complain about your use of the word 'all'.