He said I love you so soon...?

I have been talking to this guy for about a little over a month and then out of nowhere he says I love you. I like him but, I didn't think it we were that serious. I mean we've been on some dates and have talked a lot on the phone. I'm still figuring out if I like him and he is over here professing his love for me. After he said it I said thank you and expressed to him that it was too soon for me. It didn't hurt his feelings. But I am just very confused by it. What do I do? Is it too soon?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I think there is no rule book which says that love can't happen in a month or two people should be together at least 3 years to fall in love.
    you might be still figuring out your feelings, may be he did figure out..
    I dont like this idea where people relate falling in love with time period...

PS: If he is not a genuine guy, may be he is just saying that to get into your pants.

What Guys Said 2

• He probably hasn't assigned the right feelings to the right words. I don't think I could love someone in a month (just as I do not believe in true love at first sight.)
    You may find after a time that you do love each other, just not yet.
    You did the right thing. You didn't brush him off. You were honest. And you didn't hurt his feelings. All clear from my perspective.

• You did the right thing. He doesn't love you but im sure he's very attracted to you. I would take it one step at a time. Don't say it back to him until you mean it. If he gets mad then that means he didn't really mean it.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds to soon. Some people say "I love you" easily and sometimes don't understand the real meaning behind it. It's also easy to misinterpret love. He probably have feelings for you but he doesn't now which one yet.