Would you date a guy who's less social or outgoing than you?

I ask because there's this one girl in my classes who I'm sort of liking, but she seems to be much more outgoing and social than me.

And when you take that outgoingess and add in her good looks/body, she pretty much seems out of my league so I dont know if I should just dismiss the whole thing and try to get it out of my head?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not very outgoing with people...but once I get comfortable with them I come out of a shell in a way lol. I would love to date a guy who isn't very social since I'm not the type that likes to go out and party. You might see yourself not outgoing but that could change over the time you get to know this girl in your class. I hope that helps.

What Girls Said 18

• I'm extremely outgoing and well honestly I like guys that are less outgoing than I am, so that he can calm me down. I've tried making my guy friends realize this, but forget the "leagues". If a girl likes your personality, then you become a thousand times hotter so don't worry about that. I apparently go out with guys way out of my league, but hey I don't care if other people think he's unattractive. It means less competition for me. :) don't give up on her!

• Probably not. Because that means that he wouldn't want to go out with me, and its fun to go out together and enjoy each others company while still having fun. I would feel bad going out with out him.

• YES. my current boyfriend is super shy. It's so cute I love it. & I'm super social, I can never shut up in class. I have to talk to someone. I talk to random ass people. I always have something to talk about

• No. I'm pretty introverted already. I prefer to be around more outgoing people.

• Yes I would because that's who I usually end up with is someone a bit quieter or less outgoing. I like it because we balance each other out most times. But I would be just as open to date someone as outgoing as social as me too

• Probably not. I'm an introvert but I'm pretty social. I prefer dating extroverts because they bring me out of my shell.

• I am very social so I prefer guys who are very social too. He doesn't have to be social to begin with as long as he can keep up with me and attend the events and communicate with my friends without complaining.

• I wouldn't but thats because I am already very introverted and quiet. Someone even quieter than me would be bad.

But maybe your chick likes someone that is the opposite of her, just give it a try, you never know.

Good luck

• Yes I would, I dont see anything wrong with them. Besides, people change.

• I am right now... So yes lol

• I wouldn't but that's because I'm not outgoing Or social so he would be like a mute hahaha

• Yes. No harm no foul. Just go for it. I've been turned down several times but sheer odds will get ya somewhere at some point hahagood luck!

• Probably not but I could try. Almost all the people I hang out with and myself are talkers.

• That would be pretty hard for me to do, but I would absolutely date them if I thought they seemed cool and I liked them. I don't think it's about outgoingness I think it's about whether or not you like the person

• Yep! As long as we can communicate well with me, I'm down. And with my personality, he'll eventually branch out the box.haa

• I would. You should try getting to know her.

• I would, without a doubt. You should go for it. Don't let that stop you.

• I am not outgoing so I'd like a guy that can "keep up." She may find your qualities endearing, but you should also ask yourself if you want to be with a girl who is so outgoing. Out all the time, maybe wants to go out without you a lot, alway plans etc.

What Guys Said 5

• Im dating a pageant queen and I am a construction worker that does not really talk to a lot of people and she is constantly talking to people and bringing me to events she has to be out, it is a very rewarding experience to be brought out of my shell like that. also it has opened up a whole list of opportunities for me that have made my over all life much happier and more fulfilling. im not going to lie it took me about 6 months to talk to her but it was worth the risk. the more out going the girl the more likely it is that she will say yes to even a coffee date because some guys like us do find her intimidating. so to sum it all up TAKE YOUR SHOT it may just be the best thing you ever do.

• eh I dont exactly fit the stereotypical attractive dude, my chances aren't good enough to warrant an approach

• No girl should be "out your league". If you want her go get her.

• Why would a girl pick me in a pool of 20 (and thats a low number actually) guys who have much better things going for them?

• There's lots of things we as a species dont know, but we make strong assumptions on them based on facts and math/science. This is one of those things I feel.

• No I realize that there are things that most girls find attractive I just don't think being socially active is one of them. I think there are just as much girls who are all for a less social and outgoing guy as there are for a more social and outgoing guy.

• just talk to her the worst she can say is no

most girls are far more social then guys anyway don't let that turn you away she'll show you quick if not interested if she doesn't then you know you have a chance

• Yeah but then I'll be known as the creepy guy that asked her out in class

• if you wait for a "perfect time" it will never happen , sure she is social has friends , girls hang out in groups they don't bite (well most don't...lol) Causal conversation can be with everyone maybe class projects or you don't understand this homework (playing stupid works sometimes)

• Ugh forget it, thanks for the advice

• Seems unlikely

• yes and Find girls who hate bars and clubs.