Guys, do you see high-maintenence as a good quality?

The guy I've been seeing always calls me high maintenance. I asked him about it, and he said that he doesn't see it as a bad thing, and that he likes that I know how to take care of myself. Guys, what are your thoughts on this? I always equated high maintenance with bitchiness. Is this why guys seem to like bitches?

Most Helpful Guy

• High maintenance is bad. It's the least thing guys desire in a relationship. High maintenance is the worst think you can offer to a relationship.

Guys want to have fun growing with you and discovering new things with you, not constant drama, emotional roller coaster, and unwanted confrontation.

High Maintenance means a girl is immature, insecure, helpless, weak, not fun loving, with low self esteem.

Guys want a confident, secure, strong, realistic, down-to-earth, fun loving girl, that can take care of herself, make her own decisions, and wants to be with you instead of being her punching bag.

• Thanks for the detailed answer JohnB1. I think he's mostly teasing when he calls me high maintenance haha. I guess what I'm still working on is finding the balance between being able to standup for myself when guys mistreat me, and being able to let it go when whatever issue arises is due to circumstance. It can be tricky, but thanks for laying it out for me!

• Thanks for MH! I'm glad I could help and will help you anytime. Guys that mistreat you are high maintenance and have no place in your life. You should have no tolerance for being mistreated and should never be accused of high maintenance for stopping a guy from mistreating you. Guys that mistreat you are immature and not mature enough for a relationship with a woman.

• Thanks for your reply and for offering to help anytime, that's so nice!!! :)

What Guys Said 12

• That's not what maintenance means, so i don't think he knows the deffinition.

No, typically no maintenance isn't a good thing.

• High maintenance generally points more to heavy emotional and time demands form your partner not grooming habits.

I will be honest it is not a very nice thing to say to someone you care about.

But it sounds like he may not know what it means.

• High maintenance is typically the opposite of "knowing how to take care of yourself". High maintenance are needy women who tend to be superficial and shallow. And it's not attractive.

• High maintenance means bad , you want things , you need things
    you need the best car , you need the best house

• Nothing wrong with taking care of yourself. I don't consider that high maintenance. A high maintenance girl is someone who never appreciates what you do for her and always asks for more. She is someone you can almost never please no matter how hard you try.

• High maintenance persons are not necessarily well kept persons so he has a different definition altogether.

• fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no

• just fyi high maintenance tends to mean that you cannot take care of yourself or at least prefer having someone else do/get/pay everything for you. Hence the term, high maintenance.

• No I do not, quite actually the opposite.

• High maintenance is the opposite of good.

• High maintenance is bad. It means you require lots of effort to keep happy and/or beautiful.

• ummm... it sounds bad.

• That's one of the worst possible qualities.

What Girls Said 0