Everyone! Would or could you date a cop? Why or why not?

I've seen some pretty good looking cops. In fact, I get turned on when I see them.
Weird? =X
I don't think I could date one though. I'm at the pessimistic end of the spectrum. What if there's a bad break up? They could destroy you easily.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't want to, just for the reason that my dad is a cop. There are days when he comes home, and it's really hard to talk to him because of some of the stuff he went through that day. Dealing with people all day that cuss, fight, scream, and possibly hurt you is really difficult, especially when you're just doing your job. Apparently police officers also have the mentality/physicality of someone that's 10 years older than them (my dad is 57 but the cop-aging thing makes it as though he's 67...I don't know, he has a book on it lol) and they have to retire earlier than most jobs because of the stress. Being with someone who is stressed out constantly and sometimes works around the clock is not for me.

What Guys Said 4

• No. If it ends up not working out, especially if you decided to break it up... it could get ugly.

• Hell no! Not only the stress that person is under, but how common and easy it is for police to abuse their power. You know in 1998 or so there was a State or Circuit Court ruling that police could bar intelligent people from becoming cops? Overall, not a bunch I would want to associate with...

• I'd f a female cop, but I wouldn't date one. She better let me get away with speeding too.

• No , she would not let me smoke my pot.

What Girls Said 6

• I would. A cop asked me out once lol but it didn't work out.
    Not weird, they're people too.

• Did it not work out because of cop job related issues

• lol no. I guess just not enough chemistry between us. He was a cool guy though!

• I wouldn't even talk to a cop. If I talk to someone & I learn they're a cop I stop talking to them immediately and get the fuck out of there.

I dated a police chief's daughter though lolololol

• no.. i don't date anyone whose occupation is life threatening.

• I would not. I have a past

• I would date a cop. Got asked out by one but the age difference was to great and he was either still married or just divorced.

• Too much ego, so no.