Why don't I get asked out on dates?

Okay this may sound a little petty:
I'm in college and have never been on a date. Ever.
I'm just curious as to why I don't get asked out. Or get turned down when I ask out guys. As shallow as it is, am I just not attractive? Or could there be something else?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of the girls hit on good points. I read your profile too. Your characteristics aren't really inviting to the average man. Especially if you're making it hard for them to get to know you.

The guys had some good points too. You're OK-looking. Probably a 4/5. I've seen way uglier chicks get guys though so it's not your face for sure. It could also be your weight which, inferring from your coy response to Keserthorpe, may be too much. Lose weight.

The biggest thing is probably your approachability. Being feminine goes a long way.

• Haha. Good to know I'm not the ugliest chick out there (and yes that is me). :) You have some good points. I'll try to keep it all in mind, thanks for the help!

What Guys Said 7

• There could be several reasons:-
    1) Guys may not ask you out because they ASSUME that you're already seeing someone.
    2) They may be feel that they rank lower than you in the looks department so they don't want to risk getting rejected for being 'below your league'.
    3) When you ask them out, they may feel that you're desperate because girls usually don't make the first move. I know this is pure bull because men are ALWAYS expected to make the first move, but some guys just don't prefer a girl approaching them.

And yeah, you can't be considered 'unattractive' by the wildest stretch of imagination. In fact, you're quite attractive and have this gentle sweetness about you (which guys just adore). So I feel the reason surely isn't related to the way you look.

• How's your body.

• A little better than some people's but not amazing.

• Gee thanks. In answer to the question no. I'm not fat, I'm pretty skinny. Just not big in the curves department.

• What kind of guys are you going for?

What program are you in?

• Your pretty but your sarcastic that will scare guys away
    least me it would, i had some girl get sarcastic i don't
    talk to her , just sit back cry cause i was getting
    feelings for her , so i had to call it quits and man up.

• I guess that makes sense. I never really thought about it because that's how my entire family is. Sorry about what happened.

• You know if that's your picture, which I'm giving you credit it is, your very pretty, i just think bad family influences on your personality , it happens to the best of us but don't beat yourself up over it

• I saw your picture, and I'll tell you the truth: you have a good bone structure to work with in your face, but your presentation is terrible. If you fix your hair, your acne, and possibly lose some weight (your face looks chubby, but I may be mistaken), you could be a solid 8/10 in looks. Then, you'll have no problem getting dates.

• How is your reputation?

• People who know me say that I'm a lot of fun, great friend, and such, but other than that I don't really know...

• I think it is your looks. To be quite honest.

• I don't think there's necessarily a problem. Guys simply aren't as assertive as in previous generations. If you want a date, you've got to be more proactive.

What Girls Said 8

• Dont worry too much, there is someone out there for you, you just have to wait. I know plenty of girls who are in college and have never been out on a date, or kissed a guy before. It's just not your time yet. You're beautiful & there is someone out there, just be patient!

• If you don't look and act approachable, guys won't approach you. Simple as that.

• Because men are idiots

• Do you come off as standoffish or mean?

• Maybe a little mean. I literally speak sarcasm most of the time. But I usually only say things that could be 'mean' to people who know me well and that I don't mean it.

• It could be that or you look mean to them

• Your bio says you're painfully introverted. That could be why. As hard as it is, you have to put yourself out there

• Ask a friend to set you up.

• Because they don't like you

• Put yourself out there! Join some activities, go to parties, join study groups