Can I really be upset with him?

So earlier I downloaded an app with a different number. I decided to pull a prank on my boyfriend. I sent him some funny messages, and then started flirting with him to see his reaction. He didn't really flirt back. However, when I asked if he was single, he said yes. He said he didn't have a girlfriend. I'm not sure if I'm mad or not because I'm the one who cornered him. I told him if he told me whether he was single or not, would cause me to tell him my name. Now I don't want to tell him it was me because of his intial response. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Even though it's a major issue that he said he was single, I'd say it's even more wrong that you did that.

What Guys Said 3

• What you did was also deceitful. You mis-represented yourself. It is also entrapment. You where pretending to be someone else, he was pretending to be single. If you are upset with him, he has every right to be equally upset with you. I'm sure you both were just trying to have some fun. If he was genuine with his thoughts of being single, that is a big sign for you that may be he isn't 100% happy with you. May be something you are doing, or aren't doing is making him want to be single. You two need to talk!!!

• I could have said I was single aswell just because of curiousity of who it is, and what they want...

• 'Prank'. Trust issues and fuck with my boyfriend*

Yeah people would do that just to find out who, thats really unattractive regardless to find out your girlfriend is that insecure and doesn't trust you at all.

What Girls Said 1

• I would be a little mad because if he is telling you that he is unavailable and that he is committed to you then that's what he should have told the fake person you created. I wouldn't come clean about it and tell him that you pulled a prank, but I would have a little talk with him.