Guys, would you drop a girl if she friendzoned you?

I told some guys at the start that I'm not really interested in dating them. They said they were happy to be friends. A short while after, they again try to get into the dating zone with me. When I tell them again that I'm serious, that I'm really not interested in dating them, they cut me off and our friendship all together.

Girls put a lot of thought into who they'd want to date. If for some reason or another, I'm just not into you in that way, I mean it. There's no returns or second chances. Most of my girlfriends are the same. When I see a guy as a friend, and he starts ignoring me just because I was honest about not wanting to date him, it does hurt me and make things very awkward.

So guys, I just wanted to hear your opinion on this. If a girl you were romantically interested in friendzoned you, would you be happy to be friends or would you just drop them?

• Not interested in being friends
  • Would stick on as friends

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to say that I would probably bail.

I know that it's difficult to go through that; to lose someone whose friendship you value. From the guy's perspective, though, it is incredibly hard to be around a girl that you have romantic feelings for if she does not share those feelings.

Imagine how he would feel, having those feelings, if you were to start dating someone else (other than him). It would be very, very hard for him to accept that, and it would probably crush him. He is simply trying to save himself the inevitable heartache of that situation.

He knows that he doesn't have a shot a dating you, and he has apparently accepted that, otherwise he would continue to pursue you. In time, he may find a way to deal with those feelings, and gradually come back into your life, but I'm sorry to say that it's not very likely.

What Guys Said 8

• No guy wants to be in the friend zone with a girl he would like to have sex with. Any woman a guy knows has the potential to be a sexual partner. If you outright put your foot down and tell him there is no way I would think most guys won't waste any more time and move on.

• I have a friend who always replies with "I have lots of friends and they have hair on their legs" :P

Crude, but true.

• She would have to have a great personality to attract me for a relationship, but she didn't feel the same. I would gladly go to the friend zone. I would rather be her friend than a nothing. She would still be the great person I thought.

• If a girl friendzoned me, I would stick her as friends but we wouldn't talk more together/intimate like before. I would wait you to initiate to give me clues that you're still interested at me at some point and we will restart it.

• it really crushes a guys feelings to stay friends, because he won´t stop crushing on you... if they want to stay friends, they still think there is a chance or their crush was not that bad.

• Guys are picky too. If I classified them as romantic material vs platonic material and they weren't interested, I would drop them.

• Not interested in being friends.

• I wouldn't have gone up to them to be friends. If there's no chance on anything else happening, I'm out. What would be the purpose of sticking around?

What Girls Said 1

• Not interested in being friends