Why do people turn down dates based on skin color?

Just curious about this. It was years ago and no longer matters but was just thinking about it and wanted others thoughts. There was a ebony girl I asked on a date in college. We had talked before several times. She says no and when I asked why she hesitated before saying it was cause I was white.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's frowned upon for black girls to date white guys even though the opposite is the norm. She may have liked you but if she's not okay with dealing with the backlash that comes with it, then it's really a post cause. (Speaking from experience)

What Girls Said 6

• Some people or prejudice and some simply have a personal preference. Being that we dont know her ultimate reasoning, we can not fault her for feeling that way.

• To put it simply, people fucking suck.

• People have preference is all.

• Because they're not attracted, or they're racist, or they are uneducated and fear the unknown.

• It's just culture and family

• They only stick to their ethnicity, maybe?

What Guys Said 4

• Some races I can date, others no. I'm personally like... "hardwired" in a way where I can't see myself with a black girl. I have nothing against them at all, but it's like nothing's there for me passionate-wise. It seems many girls understand this about guys because I've been asked "do you like chocolate?" before and after they'd ask they say they understand.

• Because people also turn down dates based on height, age, weight, sex, gender, eye-color, hair-color, length of legs, wideness of hips, size of breasts, size of pectorals, size of arms, perceived wealth, perceived social ability, perceived intellect, and so many other small things like even the way you happen to smell today.

• Simple. Because it's not "based on skin color." It's about race.

And race is extremely closely related to physical appearance (attractiveness) and culture.

• I dont turn people down based on skin color.