Why are adults less affectionate in a relationship than teenagers? is it them being jaded?

Why are adults less affectionate in a relationship than teenagers? is it them being jaded as in been there done that.

I think its because feel like they have been there and done that so they take it for granted

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe some teens dont care or probably think its cool to be able to have sex or some just enjoy the attention. Im a teenager but im focusing on school, too busy with exams. However, I've noticed some people in my year tend to have sex in bathrooms at parties and flirt constantly even in class. I dont pay attention to that, im more interested in my work. If I was with someone, I would be affectionate but not all over them all the time because im sure my partner would like to have some space. Anyway I dont know about adults, im sure there's really affectionate ones, everyones different

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, I think so. They are more realistic. Teens tend to live in a fanatsy world.

• Isn't it possible to be realistic and affectionate at the same time

• No, you're right.
      I guess what I'm trying to say is that teens are more obnoxiously lovey-dovey because they tend to believe in happily ever after.
      2 adults who are not sure od a happy ending are simply not going to be at each others throats with affection like 2 naive teens. Sorry its the truth. Of course there are always adult "teens" just as naive.
      Its called wishful thinking.

• Because they are used to it already. It's nothing new to them.

• Adults are more mature than teenagers and don't need to show off for people, to put it basic. It's not new to them and they understand that affection is half of what a relationship is

• You just see it less. Teenagers often don't care about people around them, they show a lot of affection in public but you have to keep in mind that we never now how two people are in a relationship. It's not because you don't see the affection that it doesn't exist.

• They just keep more of it private because it's not as socially acceptable to hang all over each other or kiss in public as an adult.

What Guys Said 2

• Adults have something called "Social Responsibility" while teenagers just found their genitalia and don't know what else to do with it make it tingle everywhere they can; all the better if legally.

• Eat 100 pumpkin pies and see how much you feel like another one.

• So they are bored?

• Adult stuff is more fufilling. So yes, its more exciting but more responsibility for each other.

• Yes it is lol.