Why is he acting so cold like this? Guys any ideas as to why?

whenever i try to initiate conversations with this guy he gets so quiet that it eventually becomes awkward. he also avoids me at times. then other times he comes up and says hi, but again our conversations dont last too long because he doesn't really help carry them along, he just gets quiet. he's not like this with other girls or guys for that matter I've seen their interations, and I've heard he's quite a popular guy. so why does he act like this, whenever it seems like he's finally opening up, the next day he closes off again. its not just him actually it seems any guy i find attractive gets quiet, but this one especially acts strange

PLease hELP!>
ps we both are in our 20s

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a hard time carrying a conversation with someone that has too different views and opinions or likes/dislikes. That is somewhat normal with most people. Maybe your conversations just aren't that compatible and he has nothing to add. Maybe you are talking about other people too much and he feels left out. He does sound very shy and may have a hard time bringing the conversation back on track to something he likes or wants to share with you. He may feel what he has to say isn't important to you, something you aren't interested in. I can remember talking to girls that I was very much into and just locking up, freezing. I was sooo afraid to say something stupid, say something wrong, or something you didn't like. Afraid I would stutter, anything. It can be hard. Try to keep the conversation focused on him, what he likes, what he thinks, and build from that. Don't talk about you and other people because right there you are already excluding him with your topic. Keep it simple. He may need time with just the two of you to become comfortable and open up. Maybe ask him out for a cup of coffee and get him somewhere with no distractions. Hopefully he will start to feel more relaxed with you and be more open.

What Guys Said 7

• That's a hard one to figure out. Could be any number of things. For one he could have feelings for you and isn't comfortable opening up because he's trying to act all macho because of that, and macho guys aren't supposed to open up about or even have feelings. I think that's the best theory I have but without knowing the situation it's hard to know

• Well I don't know but seems like you need to figure out what you are doing wrong, there was a girl in my college and she was one hell of a feminist and 90% of the guys never talked to her or just Hi hello and stuff. What about 10% who did? no actually those 10% never talked to any girl :P

• He might like you or he might not be interested. It can go both ways. Any other signs he gives you? The more there is the higher the chances of him liking you.

• 1.He is a shy guy
    or
    2.he finds you and your conversations boring
    (I'm like this with most girls. I find them completely boring)

• by the way ur status shows u r 30-35.

I think you should comfort him nd let him open up.
    There are some guys who do not open up in few conversation.

Since how long have you been talking to him?

• When I start talking to a girl I like my brain shuts off and I turn into a stammering buffoon.

• Hmmm..he is shy and nervous. Confidence problem. I appreciate your efforts.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm thinking that he's shy around you or he's not interested to talk to you. Maybe you can continue to smile and talk to him more to make him feel comfortable to see if he's shy or not interested.

• He either is interested in you and doesn't know how to act or he's hoping you'll get the hint and leave him alone. It's tricky and guys are always so misleading.