Is it too much to ask that my fiancé wears protection?

My fiancé plays college baseball and I just found out that he doesn't wear a cup. So far he has never been hurt there, but we both want to have kids and I'm worried he could get seriously hurt there and not be able to have kids.

He says the cup is too uncomfortable to run in.

Is it too much to ask for him to wear it? Or is that me being over bearing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is he a catcher? That can be dangerous. But anywhere in the infield or outfield and I'd say he's probably pretty safe. Maybe if he's a pitcher he could take a line drive to the stones, but the way he'd probably be positioned in his follow through, his legs are probably crossed, and its more about not taking it off the noggin. Same with hitting, that's a place I wouldn't worry about too much, his instinct would be to turn away from the pitch, not into it and opening up the front of his body. Catcher is really the only position I'd worry about.

What Guys Said 7

• They are tougher than you think. I don't think getting hit instantly makes you infertile. If he has never worn one before, wearing one now may throw off his game. If you are worried, and he simply refuses, go to a sperm bank and save up a few loads just in case.

• What are you afraid will happen? Alligators will bite his balls off, he'll land crotch first on a spike?

Our balls are sensitive, but I can guarantee you he's been kicked in the balls long before you met him. They're not so fragile they break from a single blow, unless you're talking like heavy steel tip boots aimed well...

• Chances are really, really slim that he'd get injured like that unless he's playing catcher.

• I don't think something serious will happen to him. But it's not bad that you're worried about him.

• Well it's not overbearing and he should wear one because a 90mph ball to the nuts is a real killer.

• True

• It's too bad you can't make him. I personally wish he'd wear protection as well and hope for his safety.

• Well the chances of him getting injured are slim.

• No I don't think so

What Girls Said 0