How much of a height difference would you be willing to have between you and your partner?

I'm 4'11, and my crush is 5'10. Are guys even attracted to girls way shorter than them? What are the positives and negatives of the height difference?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 6'4", and I, personally, love a girl that is much shorter than myself. My current girlfriend is 5'2", and I love it. :)

It's all about personal preference, but the majority of my guy friends would love to be with a girl your height. I wouldn't worry too much, as there's a very good chance that your crush would like that you're 4'11".

As far as positives and negatives are concerned, the only "downside" that I can imagine is having to stand on your toes to kiss him, lol. One benefit, though, is that you can wear heels whenever you want, and not have to worry about making him look short.

It can also be really fun in bed! ;)

What Guys Said 9

• Height or anything doesn't matter to me so long as we have good chemistry & like each other genuinely :)

• I'm 6' and have been attracted to girls shorter than you. I like how easy they are to pick up and move around.

• Doesn't matter. In fact I dated a girl that was 5'8" and I'm 5'11" and once she put on her 5" heels she was taller than me. I love small, petite girls. You're such a turn on because you make me feel so powerful and manly. I love small women!!!

• I'm 5' 10". He might not care, but to me that's too short. Way too short. And if you do have kids, they will be short, which is a dead end.

• I like shorter girls. I am 6ft myself. So I would like my girl to be minimum 5ft 2 ...

not shorter though.

I think for 5'10 guy, a girl of 4'11 is just about OK. won't matter to most guys. As long as you are attractive to them!

• I am 6' 1.5" tall and my wife is 5 foot

• Hmmm...i am 5'9...i am okay with 5'5 :)
    But yaar...it doesn't matter that much..

• i'm 6'4" and prefer average to tall girls. it's a little awkward with a much shorter girl.

anything over about 5'10" or 5'11" might be to tall though.

• Height isn't very important to most guys, it's something women care about.
    But to answer your questions: positives are that it's easier to carry a small girl. Negatives are that it's inconvenient to bend all the time, it's more difficult to converse when your eye levels are too much apart, dancing is not as fun, sex can be more difficult (some positions are not possible, you can't have eye contact during some of them which takes away from the closeness, short girls' legs around man's waist are not as good, too afraid of hurting a small girl if I go all rough in bed...) and tallish girls are more of an eye/arm candy. Having said all that, it's just height. I have a preference for girls 5'7 and up as I'm very tall, but personality, body shape, compatibility and such things are way more important. Your height is nothing to worry about. I don't think a guy would reject you over that.

What Girls Said 8

• its 6'1-2 and im 5'.
    i get a comfy chair when i sit on him. he can pick me up by the pits and let me be simba. i can stand on him to get my apples.

but sex is hard. i get his chest on my face. standing is even worst, crazy tip toeing and awkward bending for him. when we go out, he elbows me in the head sometimes.

• I'm 5'1 and my ex was 6'0 and the relationship I was in before, he was 6'3. I don't mind dating guys of any height so long as they're taller than me though. They don't have to be super tall lol :)

I think guys like short women but it's just a preference. I like tall guys but just having someone taller than me is the main thing.

• I hope so because I'm 5'1 and most of the guys I like are like 5'11 and up. I always feel like a munchkin around them. This is a question that can't really be given a straightforward answer. Some guys like tall girls and some like shorter ones and then some like both. Remember it's not about height though, it's about your personality.

• I would rather my man not be more than a foot and maybe an inch or two taller than me. I think my boyfriend is about 7 or 8 inches above my height, it's perfect <3 :)

• My ex was a foot taller than me. I liked it, it never bothered me.

• I'm 5'3 and I love tall guys, but my limit would be 6'3-6'4

• 10 inches. I am 5'5

• 5'8" is hella short. I think you really mean at least 5'10" or 11"

• 5'9 and up. My heels are 3 inch max. You're correct

• It depends on the person. Most men like when the girl is shorter. I'm 5ft2, my boyfriend is 6ft 2 and he doesn't mind at all but it could be an issue for other men.