A question for girls in terms of accents?

I guess I'm an average brown kid who looks like an Indian...grew up in America...and now im interested in dating...but there's one problem that might hinder me...my accent for some reason is a mixture of a Boston/Brooklyn/Italian accent...so just curious is it a major turnoff because girls seem to mock my voice and it gets annoying...Also out of curiosity what's ur favorite accents

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't change your accent really so don't worry about it too much, if some girls don't like it or wouldn't date you because of it then that's their problem. I'm half Italian so I like Italian accents anyway lol ;)

I quite like South African accents on men but I like British accents best, being that I'm from the UK. I can just relate to it :)

What Girls Said 5

• Where do you live? Obviously the girls aren't accustomed to it, but that doesn't give them the right to mock your voice.

Also, where did you grow up? If you grew up in a place where no one else developed an accent like that then I can see how people would be puzzled.

Anyways, that shouldn't keep you from getting girls, in fact if you're a new student it would most likely make you rare and somewhat more interesting.

• East coast...midatlantic...interesting points u made but u didn't say what's ur favorite accents

• Oh, hmmmm a deep Australian accent, this might be weird but... like the shark Bruce from Finding Nemo and Spanish accents (all types)

• They mock it because it's interesting, it wouldn't be a turn off for me

• Personally, I would look and ignore. For some, they may give you stares when they hear your accent but it shouldn't be that way. My accent is American which I am very comfortable with.

• I just have a western American accent and anybody with anything besides some type of American accent annoys me. My mom made me watch a British movie once and I was so irritated I cried.

• I love accents!

British are my favorite by a mile!

What Guys Said 1

• Purebred Indian here, with North Indian accent. Good luck pal!