Do people tell the truth when drunk/tipsy?

In vino veritas...is that true? If someone admits to liking you or tells you that they don't like you when they have alcohol in them, is it how they really feel? Or should you not trust what people say when influenced by alcohol?

Even if the next day they say they didn't mean it? People always try to blame alcohol for things but I feel like you do what you actually want and say how you really feel when you're drunk haha and sometimes you regret being that honest or whatever
And try to take it back the next day haha

What Guys Said 8

• When a little tipsy one loses inhibitions which is a natural thing but everything has exceptions.

There's no guarantee for 'truth' though on that count.

Since they lose / lower inhibitions they'll blurt what they wouldn't otherwise & do things the same way.

Truth has nothing to do with it :)

• i tell the truth but lose my reasoning. say for instance that when sober i know i love a girl but could never be with her because of standards. when drunk ill tell her i love her because i do but when sober i never would because it wouldn't work. I've done this several times.

• How can you love a girl but not want to date her? Elaborate haha

• says she's been with too many men or she doesn't want kids or any number of things. sometimes, most times love is simply not enough

• we have a saying in my family,

Drunk minds Reveal Sober Thoughts.

• Its true to the extent that alcohol does diminish people's inhibitions. So before if you were shy and scared to tell a guy you liked him, alcohol can make you fess up. With that being said, even if I have alcohol in my system, if I want to keep a secret I will keep it, drunk or not.

• I've been tipsy before, and technically you just think less about what you say. You can still lie. But it really is "less filtered" information, and technically alcohol makes you 'lazy to think' about the consequences.

• I do, I am brutally honest. I usually go on a spree telling everyone how I really feel about them lol

• Generally, yes. I think it's true.

• It does lower inhibitions so it can let the truth spill out yes lol.

What Girls Said 3

• I was just thinking about this. I have heard it is true, people are most honest when they are inebriated.

• yes its true

• I do. I'm generally very honest anyway, but when I drink all my "lovey dovey" feelings come out and I want to tell people how great I think they are lol.