He's only 4 years older then I am..?

So i was at the beach today and these guys my friend knew came and walked with us. Long story short me and this guy were totally hitting on each other, but he's 23 and i'm 19...
Is there anything wrong with that? some of my friends say he's too old and of course my parents agree with them but i honestly see no problem.

• No way!
  • Maybe
  • Totally fine

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• That is fine.I have dated an 18 YO when I was 26, and it was one of my better relationships.Still have deep feelings for this girl even tho we don't see each other anymore.You are legal age, and he's not your grandpa.
    enjoy!

• That doesn't sound bad. That's like a 5th-year senior dating a freshman. There isn't a tremendous gulf in maturity levels/life experiences.

• Equation for determining min age of either partner in a relationship:
    (Oldest Partner Age/2) + 7 = acceptable minimum age for youngest partner.

(23/2) + 7 = 18.5

You're totally fine.

• It is totally fine. That's only 4 years and you're old enough to choose your partner no matter the age (as long as it's legal)

• There's nothing wrong with it.

• I dated a 17/18 y.o. when I was 28/29. It was my best relationship in my life so far.

What Girls Said 3

• There's nothing wrong with that age difference. That's pretty much ideal to me.

• I think it's fine. You're an adult and he's only a few years older

• No. I don't see any problems With that age range