Do you think a 14 year old girl is ok to date a 17 year old guy?

Please list the good things and the bad things? All answes are welcome! its just that i like this guy a lot and we've grown up together basically

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was 17 I dated a 15, not even 14, year old girl. Bad decision. I was almost ready for independence and she didn't even know how to drive a car. We think things very differently. I was more realistic and down to Earth with the "we aren't in love, but we care about each other" look on the relationship while she wanted the love, knight in shining armor thing.

Don't do it. In my case I was okay but in his it'd be pretty frowned upon AND illegal.

What Guys Said 8

• That may sound weird but it is not fair for "him" i mean he is a grown up. He think differently. Not to mention he needs sex and you are 14. Sorry but in most cases it won't work. Just be best friends until he finishes college and see where you at.

• I dont feel any 14 year old girl should date anyone

• I do not. He's nearly an adult and you are an early teen. I wouldn't let my 14 year old daughter date a 17 year old.

• I don't think a 14 year-old should even be dating.

• I've always been against these kind of relationships to be honest, but in the end it's up to you.

• When i was 19 i dated a 17 year old girl terrible idea i regret it completely

• If there is a 17 year old guy willing to date you and you are 14, you should first tell your father and then head to the nearest police station.

• Nope, it's not a good idea for a number of reasons. Chief among them being that your ages also fall under the age of consent laws in many places. You both could be charged, especially when he turns 18 and you two have been sexual.

What Girls Said 3

• I made a mistake of dating an older guy when I was around 14/15 years old and it was a terrible idea. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, although three years may not seem like much it really is when you're still this young. The age gap is okay for friendship, but not for romance. When you're 14 a relationship should consist of kissing and cuddling, but a 17 year olds relationships usually involve sex. And due to the noticeable age difference, you may feel obligated to meet his standard of "maturity" and wind up doing something you'd regret. Plus, if he's a childhood friend, dating could ruin your friendship.

• no. when you're in your teens even a year makes a big difference in your development. a 3 year difference isn't a big deal-after you're both 18. not to mention, in a year, he'll be 18.

• If it was my kid, that would not be happening.He would be a legal adult when you are 15? NO.NO. And hell no. To me the older you become, the less age matters. But when you are under 18, it matters a whole hell of alot.