My bf said something that hurt my feelings?

My bf and I have been dating for 2 months and things have been going great. He's always very attentive and sweet to me. The other day we were hanging out with his sister and her date and my bf was pretty drunk. We asked him to change out of his swim trunks and into pants so we could all go out. He started to ask where the help was jokingly. Then he turned to me and said if you were a few shades darker (referring to my skin color) you could go get my pants and put them on me. Basically saying I would then be black and be like help. This really upset me and hurt my feelings and I was pretty surprised he would say something like this. It made me feel like I was less than him. Let me also mention that he is white and I am Spanish so I have olive skin color.

I told him this upset me and he continued to apologize for the rest of the night and even the following morning but it's still bothering me. Am I overreacting? Should I forgive and forget?

Most Helpful Guy

• You either forgive and forget or break up. That's your choice.

What Guys Said 2

• He sounds like a loser to me. Go get your self a proper man.

• No you are not. It's pretty hurtful to belittle somebody on the basis of their skin colour. However, he was drunk and I think he learned his lesson. You should probably accept his apology at this point and move on. You were definitely justified in being hurt.

What Girls Said 1

• Racial humour is awful.