If you call your crush "babe," Does it mean you two are official?

Haha so my friend who is like in her upper 30s, and me who is in her 20s. We were talking about relationships and how when the guy calls you "babe" that's when you know that the two of you are in a relationship.

I laughed and told her no that must of been her generation because nowadays when someone calls you "babe" it doesn't mean you two are official.

It all started out because I told her about this guy I've been seeing and he's now calling me babe, and she flipped out saying "omg you guys are official!" I told her no because he hasn't said the words.

So what do you guys think? Do you think its just the two generations?

Most Helpful Girl

• No why would you think that

• haha i don't. My friend did. she's in her 30's and she thinks that is the case because her first serious boyfriend called her babe at first and she asked him why he called her that, and he said because your my girlfriend.

I told her that's not what happens anymore.

• That's stupid

• lol i couldn't agree more.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• No. Making it offical, makes it official. Pet names are not the way to establish a relationship. ask if you're together or if you want to be. Talking it out plainly is what sets the lines of "together/not together"

• hahaha i agree. I told her she was crazy and its just a generation thing

• I think it's the generations because I call all my guy friends pet names. Same with my girl friends. They don't seem to mind and they know nothing is up. It depends on the person I guess.

• yeah defintely agree. I told her no thats not right in this generation lol

• If my crush were to call me babe...

it would be over.

• It means they are interested. Not necessarily in a relationship. Unless he asks you and you agree to be in one.

• Agreed. That is what I told my friend who mentioned it.

• Yes I think its the difference in generation. If a guy calls me babe its nothing.