Girls opinions on athletes toughness?

Do you expect athletes to be fairly tough when it comes to all injuries? Or are there certain exceptions?

Most Helpful Girl

• It all depends on the injury. Shit hurts sometimes, doesn't matter if you are an athlete or not

• Well I play rugby and guys wear no pads at all so I would think girls would expect a lot of toughness

• Lol that makes no sense

• okay...

What Girls Said 4

• Even hockey players shed a tear when they break a bone...

Sure.. its only one... but its a tear...

• Haha well no pads in rugby

• A lot of broken legs and concussions, not really any deep cuts though

• But even a light low blow is worse than those

• Well yea we expect you to be tough cause you guys go through so much training and whatnot, but we understand that you're not invincible and that you are human. So if you get injured, seriously, like break your leg or arm, then we understand if you show a little weakness cause that shit hurts.

• Yeah ur right, I play rugby and the only pad we wear is to protect our ears

• Like I said take care, and I wish you the best.
      xx

• thanks

• injuries hurt. you can still be considered tough if you can hurt

• Yeah but don't girls expect some toughness from men?

• well the fact that they're an athlete playing a sport..it's kind of implied that they are tough. if something really hurts and you get injured it's only human to shed a tear or grunt or whatever

• No, not at all. I would be concerned if you didn't experience pain.

• Not not expierecne pain, just not show it

• Are girls impressed that the only thing we protect in rugby is our ears?

• Oh my gosh.. news to me :O

What Guys Said 3

• They need know the difference between pain from working out vs pain from real injuries. Ignoring pain from injuries is stupid. The idea of "shake it off" and "no pain no gain" sends the wrong message because too many people make real injuries worse by doing that.

So no, athletes should NOT ignore injuries. When they get to be older and all those injuries come back at them, they'll wish they took better care of themselves when they were younger. There's a time to keep going, and a time to back off. You gotta know the difference.

• Few comments. Generally speaking, athletes are tougher than the average person.
    To all the people that make fun of Lebron and other hateable athletes for being in pain for cramps, have y'all ever had a severe cramp? (Ladies, shut up :p)
    That shit will bring any man to the ground.

• The bigger the muscle, the more it hurts when you pull it.