How can I come across as being less boring? More fun?

Compared to some other people my age it feels like I have no personality at all. I'm just kind of boring and quiet. Some people are so funny and off the wall and random. In comparison I just feel so serious all the time. Maybe it's just who I am but I wish I had better luck attracting girls because my personality or lack thereof seems to be to blame.

I'm quick to share the things I know and stuff like that, but nobody likes a know it all. That doesn't even include social networking. Some people say the craziest, funniest things and I can hardly find anything to say when I'm on them. What can I do to come across more interesting and fun? I'm a pretty interesting person I'd say but I don't think it shows much.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you just think too much about your words and actions. Perhaps if you just relaxed a bit more around other people and didn't really care about what they will think of you and just say what is in your mind, you'd be considered more funny and interesting. I have a lot of crazy ideas, but I didn't used to share them with anyone because I was afraid people thought I was weird. Then, a few years ago, I just started not giving a fuck about it and just be myself and say everything that comes to my mind (unless I think it can hurt someone or so), and I found out people find me really funny and they actually like the way I am.

But, if you're just like that, I mean, a more serious person, then you should just be who you are. Not everyone has to be funny or crazy, and obviously not every girl likes funny boys. Serious guys have their charm too ;) And of course never EVER be afraid of sharing the things you know! If you spend the whole tie doing it, then you're a "i know it all", but if you do it when it's related to something your friends or the people that are with you are talking about or it's about a subject that interests to them too, then you're inteligent and they will find it good and interesting :)
    Don't worry too much and relax.
    I hope I could help you! :)

What Girls Said 4

• Well your you so be you. Share interesting things and maybe even if it sounds werid dont hold back blurt it out. Maybe your not fully comortable to say random things? Or your worried maybe someone would think your just odd? If that it dont worry just dont think on some stuff and blurt it out.

• Just don't think about life as a popularity contest the people on social media are not anything special when they post a popular tweet or status. Everyone knows those things its just they are quick to write it. I like to talk to people about what I know too but I don't try to make myself look like a smart ass. I try to talk about random things and talk about things the other people like. Try to be more relaxed and hear others out too.

• We need all types in this world! Serious is just as fine as goofy.

• Just say random things at random times 😏😏😏

What Guys Said 2

• You take yourself too seriously. Everything you've said runs a basic pattern of accepting a positive trait and then offsetting with a negative possibility:

"[P: I'm quick to share the things I know and stuff like that], but [N: nobody likes a know it all.]"

"[N:Some people say the craziest, funniest things and I can hardly find anything to say when I'm on them. What can I do to come across more interesting and fun?] [P: I'm a pretty interesting person I'd say but I don't think it shows much.]"

Then there's the mental contradictions:

[N: I'm just kind of boring and quiet.] // [P: I'm a pretty interesting person I'd say but I don't think it shows much.]

[N: Compared to some other people my age it feels like I have no personality at all.] // [P: I'm quick to share the things I know and stuff like that, ...]

You present the Negative as a case against yourself but it's also your Positive. Get out of your own way.

• Hmm, good observation there. How can I best do this? What is a good way to simply radiate positivity?

• There's a difference between being humble and being self-depreciating just like there's a difference between being honest with yourself and being arrogant. Unfortunately it is very easy to cross that line and the gray area is massive but you've the right, just as anyone else, to be good at things and tell yourself the truth. That's how you grow anyway; you can always do the "Humility Test":

Humility is knowing your limits and not using them to your advantage. Self-depreciation is using your qualities against you to preserve a limitation on your ability. So take a thought and really question it, for instance using your own:

"Some people say the craziest, funniest things and I can hardly find anything to say when I'm on them."; there is nothing humble about this because all it does is attack you on the grounds that you aren't someone else.

• You're a good kid. You just have to allow yourself to be. I don't doubt you're an interesting lad.

• What are you interested in? What are you passionate about?

• Lots of things. I think I just have trouble talking about them. Idk.

• So can't you talk to people about sports?

• Yeah but I don't always care too much about statistics either. lol