Legs. I need to know, not that it will stop me from wearing shorts, but just curious.?

So for 16 years I did not wear shorts because a boyfriend of mine told me my legs were big. I was a swimmer and I lift weights so my legs are large and muscular. However, I have a little bit of cellulite on them despite how much I workout. I was really shy to wear them earlier in my life but now I am tired of my fears. I have a tan and my legs are long (I am 5"9 1/2) but they are thick. Women always give me the stank eye but men don't. Whats the opinion of thicker legs on a woman?

I also find that ethnic men find my thickness to be more appealing and white men, not so much. Although, the white men I have dated have told me they have always been attracted to thicker women. I am white/indian just for reference

Most Helpful Guy

• Wear the shorts. Who cares? Some might not like but some will.

I've seen all kinds of crazy stuff at the beach and yet the world still turns.

What Guys Said 9

• Have you seen Serena Williams? How hot does she look in those short shorts. Wow.

Don't care what others think, do whatever you are comfortable with. If you are sick of those fears then get rid of them.

• I guess it depends on the kind of shorts. Normal shorts? Short shorts? To be honest, shorts almost look better on women who have bigger more muscular legs. When I see a skinny girl with skin tight short shorts, I'm like... "she needs to work out". Oh and when I see a obese woman who has cellulite legs and wears skin tight short shorts, I'm thinking she needs to lose weight.

-Just don't wear skin tight shorts to be safe... by my opinion anyways.

• I wear shorts that come about mid thigh or a little above and theyre never skin tight

• Mmmm I love me some thick legs on a woman its such a turn on, wear your skirt proudly! All the other people are a bunch of haters. Yes I'm Spanish so your ethnic thing may be true but my wife has skinny legs and I love her the same but I will never tell her that I prefer thick legs because I don't want to hurt her feelings. So basically you are a fantasy for some men lol.

• Hun don't let negative minded people
    bring you down there is nothing wrong
    with bigger girls they are sexy

• Thats really awful, im actually glad that us men are more scrutiniesed and feel more under pressure because i think that it makes us understand more the pressures women feel. fact is 99.9 per cent of people feel the same as you but i found a great way to think of that sort of thing. when you buy shoes it makes you feel so good and i really love footwear but honestly nobody notices shoes at all and same will go for your legs me dear honest!

• The lesson from you is the damage caused by unkind comments from people who are oblivious to what their harmful words cause. I am pleased you are over it but sad it took so long. Your legs sound like a pair I would struggle to take my eyes off. Enjoy them and keep showing them off. Girls are jealous that you grab our attention.

• Unbelievably sexy!

• you would look fine to me in a bikini bottom

• really hot i think you have been hiding your best assets sweety;)

What Girls Said 1

• Thick legs are sexy on a girl if they're not just fat. You have muscle right? I bet they look great. And as for cellulite, we all have a little, even girls like me (I'm skinny and I hate how thin my legs are. ) plus, there's nothing you can do for cellulite except lose weight and I highly doubt you need to

Some guys only want thin girls with less padding on them. Your ex bf was one. Forget him- most guys should appreciate your shape. Hope this helps. Put on some shorts and be proud.

• That whole comment made me smile...thank you for your words of positivity