Is it ever ok to hit your boyfriend?

My boyfriend got drunk and during a fight he slapped me in the face and I immediately punched him in the balls.

Was I wrong for going for that move?

Most Helpful Guy

• GOOD GIRL! what you did was CORRECT & please repeat it :)

He shouldn't have hit you.

Hitting a woman except unless she presents a mortal danger to you is wrong. If he can't hold his drink then he better cut down or stop.

Sober or drunk it's not justified to hit a girl :)

What Guys Said 18

• The more important question is this: Is it ever okay to have a violent man you want to punch in the nuts be your boyfriend in the first place?

• The only mistake you made is to not walk away... The one thing my wife and me are very sure about is, that, no matter how bad our quarrel is, we will never get "physical". I'm even doing my best to keep my voice down. I recently read in our local newspaper about a survey which suggested that women are deeply frightened by yelling men - I don't want to do that to my beloved one.

• wow! Eye's of the law yep. Personally, no...he shouldn't be touching you with force. Smart move on your part, more pain and less injury marks on him if the cops show up. You shouldn't have to physically defend yourself from your BF. This relationship sounds toxic. Get out.

• Hi slapped you during a fight? Sounds to me like that's the start of worse to come if you stay with him. I've been in drunk many times in my life... I've argued with a significant other many times - often the 2 are linked, but I've never, ever, ever touched her in a violent way, ever.

If you were my daughter I'd kick the fuck out of that little prick.

• If he hits your first it's OK, other wise it not OK to hit your boy friend. In your case you had every right to hit your boyfriend.

• Yes, you were very wrong. If a girl slaps a guy in the face, is it okay for him to punch her in the ovaries?

• Why do I remember answering this exact question?

If someone smacks you first, no one will blame you for smacking the person back.

• It's never wrong to hit ANYONE back in self-defense. It's wrong to hit anybody off of emotions though.

• I think if you do something violent against anyone, you should expect to get rewarded with violence against you. So I don't have sympathy for your boyfriend. He's stronger than you and can't reasonably expect you to fight"fair". Drinking is no excuse for misbehavior, if he can't control himself under the influence then he shouldn't drink, the end.

• you were not wrong for making this move...but maan not the balls :D..and sometimes..these things often happen in relationship...talk to him when he's fresh ya'know...and try preventing him from over drinking :))

• Wow sounds like you have a really loving and caring boyfriend lol

• Violence to end violence.

• Sucks it was the balls you hit, but if I were you I wouldn't take that shit. Good for you

• You need a new boyfriend.

• LOLOLOL! *dies laughing* I think that you should discuss it with him and see where you two go from there.

But he was drunk and not in control of his actions so I think you should have cut him some slack, but as long as he doesn't do it again.

• If you can't control your actions when drunk, then you shouldn't drink. Would you make apologies for someone who drove off in a car and got in an accident because he couldn't control himself?

• gemgem - you need to put your comment as an answer and it needs to be considered the most helpful!

• Nope it cool

• He shouldn't have hit you but that's no excuse for punching him in the balls. He may want to have kids someday.

• he hits people, why would we want him to have kids.

• Your misandry is showing, xzinax2. But then it always does, doesn't it...

What Girls Said 9

• You defended yourself, you weren't wrong.

Since he is a man he is most likely stronger than you,
    so you wanted to use force which was just as or if not even more powerful.
    So you did the right thing.

I would tell him he needs to get his drinking under control or we can't have a relationship anymore.
    That isn't okay what he did.

• well, a drunk man hitting a woman-i say good move.please leave him if he's getting drunk and hitting you, this relationship doesn't sound like it will end well.

• yeah but i shouldn't have aimed for his balls right?

• yeah but i dont want him to never be able to have kids again

• he shouldn't have kids if he's an abusive drunk prick

• If he hit you I'd leave him that's unacceptable. You were not wrong in the least bit. I would of punched my boyfriend in the face if he ever hit me. That is definitely not ok drunk or not!

• yeah but i shouldn't have aimed for his balls

• going straight for the balls definitely is going to shock him. It should make him see the bigger picture you don't hit your gf. I mean sure you could slap him across the face but that also gives him opportunity to hit you again. Don't let him have that opportunity. You were in the right never deny your self of that.

• I feel like I should've smacked his face instead of his balls

• Nope and you should leave, sounds like an abuser

• He is not an abuser, it was just a one time thing, plus I'm the one who hit him in the crotch.

• Neither of you should have started fighting physically. But I suppose you were just defending yourself

• I just feel bad for hitting his delicate parts

• It wasn't defending yourself and may have been slightly harsh but he should never hit you mor you him. The instant there is violemce on either end you need to break up

• You had every right to hit him back.

• You Should defend yourself

• yeah but what does going for the balls say about me

• It says you don't put up with shit like that even if he's drunk and not thinking straight.

• I would punch him or even kick him, he had no right to touch you , people get drunk all the time it shows he is quite aggressive when he's drunk