How long do you think you should wait before moving in with your significant other?

Just a random question off the top of my head. I know money and such is obviously a factor in the whole deal, but I was just wondering if people had a set time frame until they think its okay for moving in together.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you can necessarily put a time on it…just whenever both partners feel they are ready to (and are being realistic about it! Not just trying to play house).

For me, I moved in with my boyfriend about 7 or 8 months after we'd starting dating, but we'd been friends for a few years beforehand so our relationship didn't necessarily start from scratch.

What Guys Said 1

• I would wait till your engaged at least to move in. Unless you have known the person for a while before you officially become a couple. Cause if you do it too early you may be sick of the person after a while, and that could lead to something more problems down the road.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't put time frames on any aspect of a relationship. I "unoffically" moved in with my current s.o after 6 months. In other relationships I was with guys a year/2 years and we never lived together

• For me, I dont really know. But, a WHILE. I love my person space.

• No set time frame but I don't think people should move in together unless they're totally serious and considering marriage or that type of partnership.