Would you listen to your parents if they pressured you to marry someone or break up with them?

I would never. I think that's absolutely disgusting. Unless that woman or man is abusive

Most Helpful Guy

• lmao no. My parents are idiots.

• Oh god. Mine too

• I would never take their advice on anything like that :)

• My dad isn't so bad but my mom has hated everyone I've dated, and always seems like no one will ever be good enough for me. I quit asking her opinion

What Guys Said 4

• No, if i dont wanna marry a girl im not because my parents want me to.. Can you imagine being forever stuck with someone who you hate/dislike!
    Break up- no i wanna be happy and he person im with will make me the happiest

• Nah I'm a big boy.

• Nah, I would not.

My parents have always been pretty hands-off with that kind of thing anyways.

• Nope I wouldn't listen to them.

What Girls Said 8

• No. Unless I was young and naive, but I'm not..so no lol

• fuck no...I will be the one to live with the love of my life not them

• As someone who has been in domestic violence relationship that would be the only reason I would listen to my parents otherwise you are in charge of your own happiness

• Yeah I agree 100 percent
      And I'm sorry.

• Yeah I my mom did the same except a lot more mind games. She would take my house key (I was 10yrs old when he started) and i wouldn't know until I got home. No key. I would panic and didn't know what to do. Karma will get my mom. It's always worse on them. I'll admit sometimes I pray for it, but in the end the good will come. I fear to have kids because of her
      Wow. It's hopefully a wakeup call

• As someone who has a child he's 4 will be 5 in October, I do see some sides of my grandma come out it happens. But my son knows that I love him I mean damn I tell him at least 5 times a day something I never heard growing up.

• No I would not. My parents are pretty easy going though and have never had any problems with who I have dated. They usually stay out of my personal life

• No I would

• Why would you listen? You would marry someone if they told you

• Or when you misread a question

• Yes, I've done that as well.Ill be like I'm sorry, i read the question wrong

• No way. Mostly because I don't trust my parents judgment. lol

• My parents ask me to marry every single morning haha :) try to ignore them :P

• Nope I would not. They have to give a good reason why they need me to do that