Would you listen to your parents if they pressured you to marry someone or break up with them?

Would you listen to your parents if they pressured you to marry someone or break up with them?
I would never. I think that's absolutely disgusting. Unless that woman or man is abusive

0|0
8|5

Most Helpful Guy

• lmao no. My parents are idiots.

0|0
    1|0
    • Oh god. Mine too

• I would never take their advice on anything like that :)

• My dad isn't so bad but my mom has hated everyone I've dated, and always seems like no one will ever be good enough for me. I quit asking her opinion

What Guys Said 4

• No, if i dont wanna marry a girl im not because my parents want me to.. Can you imagine being forever stuck with someone who you hate/dislike!
    Break up- no i wanna be happy and he person im with will make me the happiest

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah I'm a big boy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I would not.

My parents have always been pretty hands-off with that kind of thing anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I wouldn't listen to them.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• No. Unless I was young and naive, but I'm not..so no lol

0|0
    0|0
  • fuck no...I will be the one to live with the love of my life not them

0|0
    0|0
  • As someone who has been in domestic violence relationship that would be the only reason I would listen to my parents otherwise you are in charge of your own happiness

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I agree 100 percent
      And I'm sorry.

• Show All
    • Yeah I my mom did the same except a lot more mind games. She would take my house key (I was 10yrs old when he started) and i wouldn't know until I got home. No key. I would panic and didn't know what to do. Karma will get my mom. It's always worse on them. I'll admit sometimes I pray for it, but in the end the good will come. I fear to have kids because of her
      Wow. It's hopefully a wakeup call

• As someone who has a child he's 4 will be 5 in October, I do see some sides of my grandma come out it happens. But my son knows that I love him I mean damn I tell him at least 5 times a day something I never heard growing up.

• No I would not. My parents are pretty easy going though and have never had any problems with who I have dated. They usually stay out of my personal life

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would

0|0
    0|0
    • Why would you listen? You would marry someone if they told you

• Show All
    • Or when you misread a question

• Yes, I've done that as well.Ill be like I'm sorry, i read the question wrong

• No way. Mostly because I don't trust my parents judgment. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents ask me to marry every single morning haha :) try to ignore them :P

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope I would not. They have to give a good reason why they need me to do that

0|0
    0|0