Girls would you date someone with an intelectual and/or physical disability?

When I said intellectual disability I mean something like asperger syndrome, autism, sex chromosome or general learning difficulties ( moderate) NOT full blown mental retardation like turner syndrome

Most Helpful Girl

• I am going to be anonymous because I cannot believe how shallow I am and I am ashamed of myself. But I just thought I would provide you with honesty.

In regards to a phycisal disability, I would date some if he has lost a limb but not confined to a wheelchair.

As for a mental disability, again it all depends what type. I maybe would go out with a person with Aspergers but I would hardly call that a mental disability. I wouldn't go out with someone with a mental illness or not mentallly developed. I wouldn't have my needs fulfilled nor would I fulfill his. I would go out with someone with dyslexia though. But I dont know if that is a mental disbility.

In all honesty, I would go out with someone with an extremely slight mental and physical disability but that is about it.

Again, I am so sorry for my shallow comment and I would definitely understand if you hate me.

• And not someone with autism as well.

What Girls Said 6

• It depends on what the is. I know a guy with autism and he's quite charming but I don't think I could date him because w how he is socially. I know another with aspergers and he seemed more datable and was very intelligent when it came to computers which would be interesting to me. He has a girlfriend now.
    My friend has physical disabilities and he fancies me and I've considered dating him before but chose not to for different reasons. I would date someone with a physical disability. I don't know about dating someone who's paralysed from the neck down.

• As long they don't have an I.Q. of a cucumber and ask the same questions over ten times. No General learning disabilities.

• I did date autistic guy and I'm not doing it again.
    But physical disability is fine

• why not?

• He didn't like big changes and didn't want to ibclude me in his life. He didn't have much opinions and liked more sex than actual conversations.

He was a sweet guy. But I want more outgoing guy like I am.

• I would try to date them.

• No I wouldn't. I'm not saying I want someone prefect but I definitely don't want someone with a mental or physical disability. Life and relationships are hard as it is without adding another layer to it. I'm not strong enough for that

• you are contradicting yourself, not anyone perfect, but at the same time not even a mild disability, picky girl

• Well the ones you listed aren't mild illnesses, they are a big deal

• you are asking for someone perfect, turner sydrome is a big deal, excess sex cromosome learning disabilities or asperger are not, what is mild to you? having an IQ of a little less than 100? come

• Physical yes intellectual probably not.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm guessing it depends on the severity. A mild disability that is hard to notice will be more likely to get the girl than a very obvious one. Guys fight tooth and nail to get a girlfriend so any disability may put someone at a disadvantage.

Would they date someone with a disability? It's possible albeit not probable.