Ladies could you imagine dating a football player type guy?

Hi ladies :)

I'm a college guy and until a spinal injury I was a football player.

I still have my football figure and so I'm pretty tall with 6'5 and close to 230lbs

I'm pretty muscular around the shoulders / arms and legs but some excess fat has gotten me a bit of a stomach :(

Do you think girls in college would consider me dateable? Maybe taller girls?

I've never gotten a girl to go out with me so in my mind I don't even have a shot which seems about right.

I'm just looking for some input and tips :)

And yeah I'm working on losing the fat.

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, this may not be the response that you want but it's going to be the response that you need.

You're being way too hard on yourself. You're focusing way too much on the negative. Don't believe for a moment anyone else on this planet cares even a millionth of a percent as much as you do about your perceived flaws. Forgive yourself. Forgive yourself for the simple fact that you're still here, living it, and your purpose is still alive just as strong as anyones.

The first thing you need to do is forgive yourself. Don't be your own worst enemy. The strongest version of yourself exists first in your mind. Nurture your mind, man. I know just through reading this you're killing yourself in your own mind. Stop that now.

Make that amazing analysis of yours your new strength. You're going to kill it once you get the right mindset. Be patient but critical with yourself. Take the time to understand your ideal self. Master that premise, it cannot be overstated. Once you know this with conviction the next step is sacrificing who you are for whom you wish to be. Begin with the mind, it's all that matters honestly.

If anything I said makes sense and you want more tips I'll help you. I don't know if you can pm on this site as I just made it today but at any end I'm rooting for you, dude.

What Girls Said 15

• You're 6'5 and 230? My boyfriend is 6'5 and is like 190 tops lol. But you're probably at a better weight considering my boyfriend is kind of a walking skeleton...

I don't see why they wouldn't give you a shot. Assuming your personality is decent.

• Yeah I am overweight, some of the weight is muscle but not all of it. Do you think you could overlook the fat, especially cause I'm trying to lose it or is there no difference, fat is fat?

• It's probably way less noticeable than you think.

• I don't think so. I get called fat from time to time.

• Your personality (more so) and your face (less so) would have to be taken into consideration, but going strictly off how you described yourself, I definitely would date you.

I'm not even tall, only 5'6'', but I like tall guys, and so do a lot of other girls so if everything else is fine, then you really shouldn't have any problem.

Have you outright asked girls out and gotten turned down, or are you more shy and haven't really approached anyone?

• In high school and freshman year we always asked the friends of the girls we liked if they liked us back ( childish I know) and no one ever liked me and now in college I figure why bother. There are so many way better looking guys and girls in class act really disinterested towards me.

• There's always going to be someone who you think is more attractive than you, but beauty is relative, and what one person defines as hot isn't true for everyone. I understand how you feel though. I've been there, and I still am there. I've actually had guys try to date me and STILL I was in denial, wondering why they wanted me when so many other girls looked better. But like I said. Beauty is relative.

I had an epiphany recently, and this is what I told myself (except I've replaced certain words so they're more relevant to you):

You mentioned high school and freshman year. That was then. You are an adult now. Time to grow up, be a big boy, and stop acting like you did when you were 14. The whole looking away when she notices you staring (and everything else that's similar to that)? That's little kid stuff. If you like a girl, talk to her! Yeah, it's nerve-wracking, but knowing for sure whether or not she likes you is a lot better than just wondering.

• Thanks!

• Depends completely on your personality.
    But based on those facts alone, no. If your height/weight/physique are the only things you've got going for you, then nope. Need more info.

• I think I'm pretty good personality wise with people I know but girls I like not so much :(

• I'm not but the reality of being a guy like me is that girls in real life are not as interested and encouraging as girls on here. It's just what I'm experiencing and I'm trying my best to be friendly and in no way creepy.

• Then keep trying.

• if I was tall yes I would date you but I am literally at 5 feet so a short girl might get intimidated or not - opposites do attract

• Six five! I might date you just because of that haha. I'm five ten and its hard to find taller guys! Plus I like bigger guys and literally the hottest thing a guy can have is big strong shoulders, so you're fine! 👌

• So you would be willing to overlook the weight? I'm currently working on losing it.

• Are you on here a lot? What's your username? You can message me if you want.

• I don't know about you but Ithink iI was the most helpful maxi pad! (; ♥

• That sounds completely fine, you needn't worry, after all personality is the most important thing anyway :)

• Thank you!

• No worries! Perhaps you just need to work on your confidence :)

• I don't see why girls wouldn't want to go out with you

• Weight?

• According to bmi that is way too much. It's somewhere around 28

• BMI, does not incorporate someone with a certain amount of musculature

• Personally I'm really not into sports or guys who play them and if a guy has a bit of fat on him, so what? If you want a real relationship with a girl, she'll want you for more than just your body. Personality is HUGE. Be a gentleman and make a girl laugh, that'll get someone to fall for you.

• My personality is bad as well :(

• That's just your opinion though! I've never met anybody with a bad personality. Everyone is unique in their own way, it just takes a really special person to see it sometimes

• Yeah paxi mad! Haha

• As long as he's not dumb and doesn't act like a player

• I've never had a date and I probably never even flirted so I don't act like a player at all. I'm very shy and try to be very nice but my contact with women is basically zero.

• I would say you're in the minority. Most football players, if they'r decent looking, get a lot of tail. I think the main thing you're lacking is confidence. A less attractive guy who shows confidence and alpha male-status will get me over a guy who is more attractive but shows zero confidence and doens't take initiative

• Yeah no date ever :(

• I would date you, assuming you have a cool personality as well :)

• I don't think I have a good personality. I have become very shy and reserved, like I will go for days without talking to anyone at school cause no one is interested. I'm really ashamed of how I look especially in front of girls.

• Considering I love football yes I would

• Yea, why wouldn't any girl want to date you. You seem pretty good.

• Because my weight is a huge flaw of mine. Like take a gorgeous skinny girl like you, I could never go swimming with you etc.

• 6'5 at 230 isn't fat! In fact it sounds perfect to me! I'm tall ;)

• It's definitely not a beach body, I can't go shirtless in front of people. I think that's a deal breaker for women.

• A lot of women like that body type. Personally Idc if he doesn't have toned abs. I just like big guys ;)

• I don't know the percentage. Definitely not good though, there is clearly excess fat.

• You sound really nice. I would date you.

• 6'5 and 230 is not even close to being fat my boyfriend is 6x and 250 and he isn't fat he also play foot ball all the way through high school and collage until a knee injury but him out of the game and to be honest with u ur size and height dont really matter its whats on the inside that counts

• Injuries suck!

• Yea it gas taken him a while to recover but he is doin good now by the way I meant ny boyfriend is 6'5 haha I just seen where I didn't type that right

• Cool :)

What Guys Said 1

• 230 @ 6'5 isn't heavy but since you have some fat try cardio/dieting unless you wanna bulk first.