Typically do girls only like guys with certain physical traits?

Wherever I go and I see a couple, it always seems that the guys share certain physical traits. Now are these the typical physical things that attracts you to a man?

Physical,
Broad shoulders, tall and somewhat toned and defined body. Some muscle.

I have a slim to average build, not really any muscle definition or broad shoulders, am only 5'9 and have thinning hair.

I only ask this because though I consider myself a fairly good looking guy, I can't compete with the guys with those characteristics. :-(

Most Helpful Guy

• LOL these people telling you to lower your standards when they know that they wouldn't do that themselves. You can either keep searching or just be single. You don't want to be with anyone that you settled for because that would be living a lie.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't really like guys with a defined body. Personally I like lanky guys. All girls have different preferences. Just keep looking.

• Yes, those traits are attractive to me and from what I've heard is attractive to a lot of girls. The thing is not all girls like one type of guy. We have different types, just like some guys are attracted to different types of girls. You can always lift, there are tons of lifts to get bigger shoulders and arms, abs don't hurt either. 5'9 isn't a bad height, and if you want your hair to stop thinning there's ways to do that.

• If you lower your standards in a girl it is easier.

• Perhaps your right. I know that with the really attractive and hot ones, there's so much competition. Seems the tall, broad shouldered fit guys always end up with the hot girls. Also despite what others have said, I think the thinning hair does play a part in why its more difficult for me. Do you feel this way?

• Then you don't have to compare yourself from them. I''ll consider you if you cook well.

What Guys Said 1

• Then you shall pair up with the girls that can't compete with the girls that are with the guys you can't compete with.

Make sense? =p