Ladies, what is online dating like for you and your gender?

I'm new to this online dating thing...
...
...
...and I'm curious what dating online is like from the female perspectives.

----

Please share your experiences , as well as that of any other females you know, with online dating in general (making a profile, messaging, thoughts about the overall guys online, meeting them in person, etc.)

Thank you for answering! :-D

Most Helpful Girl

• I refuse to do it now. I made a few accounts on various sites for my genders class and I found that the type of sexual harassment I got was the same level as when I signed up to sexually explicit sites or rooms. I even thought I met a few winners, but after rejecting their offer of oral sex, or their oh so tempting offer to get the "tease fucked out of me, in the men's bathroom". I decided online dating was subjecting myself to more sexual harassment than if I walked down NYC streets by a construction site.

What Girls Said 2

• well I had a profile up briefly. I got lots of messages within 10 minutes of creating my account. most guys you could tell were the type to message every girl w/I a 20 mi radius just looking for hookups

some were weirdos.

a couple catfishes. there was one guy who had rich homie quans pics trying to talk to me lol

1 guy was really handsome but he was from a third world country and was probably trying to bait women into sending money

others were lame and just had dull personalities]

most the ones I met were just looking for a new fwb. I deleted my profile in less than a month and I won't try it again

• I haven't done online dating before and probably never will but being online as a female is a chore in itself. I get chatted up on websites that aren't dating sites and on nearly every site I visit. I can't escape and sometimes guys get aggressive when you turn them down.

What Guys Said 1

• i imagine its like being surrounded by women who absolutely repulse you