The date location is too far - what to do/say?

I'm going on a second date tonight, and he picked a location that is not too convenient for me (and only just told me today where it is). We're to meet there after work since we are getting there from different parts of the city, but I would actually have preferred if he picked a location closer to transportation options. He is not driving tonight, and I want to know that I'll be able to get there and back home safely...

What should I do/ How can I tell him this? The restaurant he picked is nice & pricey, and he's already made reservations. I feel like it would be rude of me to make him change the plans.

Most Helpful Guy

• if you feel unsafe if I was you I ask if you could stay at his place over night then leave during the day

What Guys Said 1

• Kindly ask if he can change the venue to suit your needs.

If it's a date then I'm assuming he has some interest in you and shouldn't mind doing that for you...

UNLESS...he has something super big planned at that location..

What Girls Said 1

• safety is the issue? ask him if he would be comfortable escorting you back and forth (or at least back home). that way you two could get more time together.

• I'm not sure if I'd like to spend more time with him afterwards, or for him to know where I live...