How well did this first date go?

So I had a nice casual date for a drink and I think it went really well. We ended up talking about everything and anything with a nice flow for 6 hours. I didn't even realize it or plan on staying that long. He put an arm around me and walked me to my car but he never tried to kiss me. He did ask if I would like to go out again and I said yes. Is he just old fashioned or not sure he's attracted to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He asked if you would like to go out again, that generally means he wants to meet you again. A kiss would be too far for some on a first date. Would you rather a guy who holds back and is respectful or one who is trying to make moves on you and get into your pants?

What Guys Said 3

• It can be really intimidating to get/give that first kiss. No one wants to make a mistake, or be too forward. I wouldn't worry about it. The more dates you have, the more intimate they get. It will come.

• any guy who spends 6 hours with you, likes you. If he didn't he would not have asked you out again. If you like him don't be afraid to make the first move, he may just be too shy.

• He has not scheduled the next date yet and only texted me a little the day after. What to think?

• Sounds like he's taking very careful steps, making sure he doesn't do anything out of impulse that you might not like.

He's taking it slow.

• But it sounds like the first date actually went well.

• I mean a month as in we talked every day on the phone or by text for a month and then he asked me out. But I still think that's a long time before the first date.

• Oh well that changes my previous response lol. That's actually pretty normal. Usually a lot of guys like to get on the trigger quick but there are a lot of guys out there that also like to take their time in this way.

I did the same thing with a girl a long time ago. We texted and Facebooked each other for like 1.5 months before I called her out of the blue and made plans. This was before our first date as well.

It's normal, you shouldn't have anything to worry about:)

What Girls Said 1

• He asked to see you again guys won't generally do that if they don't want to. The first kiss is awkward are hard. The first kiss (I think it was the first I was really drunk) I had with this guy once he completely missed my mouth and kissed my chin.