My girlfriend is moving away in a year, and I'm not sure what to do.?

My girlfriend is moving away in a year, and I'm not sure if I should break up with her when that happens, wait for her to break up with me, or continue dating her. Please help?

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends in how you would take the break up & how much you care about her. i was in that position before & my boyfriend was leavin in two months, i broke it off because i thought i was setting myself up to get hurt even worse. i just kept asking myself what was the point of getting more attached and then having to break up. i regretted it for so long at first because i missed him & cared about him so much but i think it was for the best. if y'all been together for a while & you love her, i'd spend as much time as possible with her if i were you. either way, good luck!

What Girls Said 4

• ENJOY YOUR TIME TOGETHER NOW. Do not overthink it. You have a year, enjoy being with her. If you obsess over that now you will drive a wedge through your relationship. Enjoy being with her and worry about that way later down the road. We are not guaranteed tomorrow so live for the day.

• It depends on the strength and devotion of your relationship. How long have you two been dating? Will it be worth it? Do you want a future with her? Is it enough distance to visit?If it's too far than i would forget it unless you plan on moving in with her sometime but other than that unfortunately it might not work..Long distance relationships are hard, I've been in one..there's too much stress and worry about what the other person is up too and can cause insecurity and horrible trust issues

• Long distance relationships are rough and usually never last. I would just suggest you talk to her and figure out what you guys want to do? I mean who knows maybe it will work out maybe she does want a long distance relationship you never know unless you communicate.

• If you really love her, don't be stupid enough to let her go. Fight for your relationship!

What Guys Said 1

• Long distance relationships suck. You miss them like crazy and after awhile texting, calling, and FaceTime get old. When you see each other it's never enough time and you feel like shit when they leave.
    Break it off on good terms and let her know why. She might get upset but it's gonna help in the long run.