Dating concern, for the ladies?

I am considering asking out this one girl in my class. We talk daily and I have a feeling that she likes me back.
The concern that I have is that I suffer from a physical conditon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia
My case of this condition is fairly minor, but my doctor says the only solution is surgery which won't happen for some time.
I have a more muscular build so you can't tell I suffer from moobs when I wear a shirt, but when shirtless its very obvious.
My concern is that if i ask this girl out, I won't be able to enjoy this upcoming summer with her that much (no going swimming, going to the beach, waterpark, etc). Any advice you can give me on this?

I just want to clarify that my condition is not caused by obesity; I am very physically fit with some good muscle but unfortunatealy my chest doenst match...

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry about it so much. She should like you for you. I dated a guy for awhile who had this condition and he didn't officially find out till after we separated but he told me. He was somewhat overweight for awhile so I just assumed it was from that! He is also a bigger taller wider guy anyway and does have some muscle time but I didn't notice much! She'd have to be really shallow to have a problem with it.

What Girls Said 24

• From a girl that is around your age I would not give a rats ass. You are a healthy guy. This is something you can't control. I wouldn't be turned off by it. If she is going to say no because of that then she is obviously not worth your time of day. You should not have to feel ashamed by your body. if she does say yes then you should not worry about what she thinks when you guys go swimming and what not. If you just show confidence then to hell with everything else. That is sexy all on its own.

• if you talk daily there is a chance there's something between you two. and if she really does care for you then she'll accept it. if she doesn't, that's not someone you want in your life. what's on the inside counts so much more. go for it!

• She won't care about that if she is into you. If you treat her with love, she won't mind nothing but you loving her back. I think you should ask her out and try to show as you are without trying to cover your condition (but not showing it off purposely too). That way you will know for sure that she won't mind later on as she will know all about yourself right from the beginning, and if she doesn't like it, another girl won't mind and will love every bit of you! Good luck :)

• When I look for is in a guy it has nothing to do with how he looks for anything, and trust me she shouldn't either if she really likes you. And don't try to hide what you have just be you that's all anyone can ask.

Take her on hikes or a bike ride, a picnic in the park, or the night mark in your town. Many summer things like that you can do with out having to think of it. :)

• You have nothing to worry about. That is not a deal breaker...especially not if she likes you back :)

• If this girl really likes you, it won't matter. If she is the kind of person that would judge because of something like that, then she's probably not the kind of person you want to be with.

• Don't worry about it!!! If she really loved you shed like you for your personality an not because of your appearance ! Go for it :) I wish you the very best of luck ! ❤️😃

• Stay true to yourself. Go for it. Give it a shot. And if not, oh well. At least you know you tried and your not letting her go that easy. She should like you for you.

• You never know she might be pan sexual which means u fall I love with personality so she wouldn't be fussed on ur looks ask her out at a romantic place with a box of chocolates u will refret it if u never try so just ask if it's a no it will hurt but act cool and stay friends for longer then maybe later on she will get to know u even better and it will work but I can tell she likes u so ask x

• If she likes you for you, then it shouldn't matter. If she does invite you to the pool or something, let her know that it's something you're self conscious about before hand. She should understand and shouldn't change her feelings for you. A relationship isn't just about physical appearance (at least it shouldn't be).

• When a girl genuinely likes you, for example she focuses on you, smiles a lot, listens when you're talking to you, maybe lightly touches your arm, it would take something really terrible on your part to change that. Your condition is not going to change her opinion of you. Don't get ahead of yourself! Ask her out and see where it goes, when the time comes that you feel you need to tell her whats going on with you she isn't going to react the way you're thinking she will. If she does, then let her go. She doesn't deserve you anyway!

• If she really likes you, she will not be interested in your condition.

• Its not anything within your control and it doesn't make you who you are so try not to stress over it. If a woman is into you she'll look past a lot of things. This really isn't a big deal.

• If she really likes you she'll be fine with it. The thing that matters most is personality & your medical condition doesn't affect that about you. If you do ask her out hope everything goes well (:

• you can still go to water places, just wear a shirt in the water, my bro wears a shirt he has man boobs, and he has a girlfriend so...

• If she doesn't like you for you then she really isn't worth your time. It may seem that way to begin with, but in the end it will just hurt you more.

• If the girl truly likes you, she will like you for you and if she doesn't then move on from her. Just because you have this condition doesn't mean she shouldn't like you anymore. You can explain it to her and she will understand.

• just let loose. It is not your fault you suffer from this disease. You can either tell her that or just let it be. Focus on her, not your flaws. If she's a good one, she'll accept you.

• For all you know, she might even like it.
    But honestly, it wouldn't matter to someone who honestly cares about you.

• I think if the girl likes u back then she would not care if u have any physical disability

• It depends on a girl. Some girls wants it some girls not.

• It's not a big deal at all

• If she really likes you she won't care much for your condition, if she does than she wasn't the right person. But you should tell her while your friends than you can see how she really feels about it and how she acts.

• If she's worthy of you she will not care

What Guys Said 3

• Don't sweat it dude. Trust me, if she really likes you, she won't care, especially since you'll be getting it fixed eventually. Also, maybe you could try wearing a rash guard. I don't know if the compression would make it better or stand out more but just thought I'd throw that out there. I wear them a lot even when I'm not surfing to protect from the sun because I burn so easily.

• Bah, don't worry about it man. It sounds like it's fixable, so whatevs.

Tell her she can have them when you're done with 'em.

• maybe you can wear a matching bikini top with her on the beach.

ask the doc for some nolvadex aka tamoxifen it's an anti estrogen that will reduce them in size some but won't make them go away.