Are fat girls date-able? Honest answers.

I am 5'2 227 lbs. Health wise, that's very very overweight. I'm only 18 and I hate being so big. It seems like guys want a smaller framed girl, and my belly and thighs just don't make the cut. It feels disgusting being in this body. I'm hoping that one day I can lose the weight and be short and petite like I want to be.
Enough Ranting.
My question is: Why do guys prefer smaller women? Why is obese disgusting to most people?

• Eww.
  • I see no problem with fat girls, I'd date em!
  • I would never date a fat girl, but there are some attractive obese women.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not fat. You're morbidly obese.

Deceiving question title aside, you need to forget about attracting guys and get your priorities straightened out. You have a huge problem that needs fixing because your health and future are hanging in the balance.

Can you find a guy who digs the morbidly obese? Sure there might be some weirdo with a fat fetish. But keep in mind, even he would be no good for you, because he would enable your downward spiral towards heart disease and/or diabetes.

What Guys Said 16

• You should start today by just changing one thing out of your diet. Do you drink a lot of soda/pop? Cut it out for a month and you will lose weight. Also, when you try drinking soda/pop again after that time you are going to think it is way too sweet and maybe not even prefer it anymore.

• I've dated a fat girl. We ended up just as friends in the end, but in all honesty obesity is not attractive.

The reasons I'm about to give are heart-breakingly true so if you can't handle feeling insulted I apologize in advance:

1. Fat people do not show as much sexual dimorphism, and the main thing that makes women sexy is being of the opposite sex. It's the reason why fat girls can't look good in clothing that hugs their bodies -because it's not feminine enough. If I look at non-fat girl's shadow and a non-fat guy's shadow, I can tell a big difference. I can't necessarily with fat people's shadows (or outlines for that matter).

2. **About to get explicit here**
    I've had the unique experience of making out with a fat girl. It is kind of painful to have someone who weighs more than you cuddle with you and insist on laying on top of you. When I went to try and grope her and feel her up, I had trouble distinguishing between her tits and her fat. Without her feminine nipples it would have been like feeling up a fat buddy of mine.

3. While it is difficult, because people exist who have lost weight it kind of makes one think that the people who are still fat refuse to change to healthier lifestyles. But yeah, changing one's way of living is hard as hell. I keep trying to send hints for helping my former date (she's still friends with me) on which foods are bad and sometimes what I ate for the day, what I avoided, and the details of my work-outs (I'm a skinny guy, but I don't have a 6-pack yet and I'd like to have a better built upper body).

It is unfortunate that some of us are born with less sexual dimorphism than others (I still burn up inside because I'm shorter and somewhat scrawnier than other guys) but when you look at some of those sexy people and how they eat healthy, exercise regularly, and use fancy products, and dress thoughtfully, you begin to realize that they had to put a lot of work into being sexy.

• If you want to lose it 1 day you got to start now, simply don't eat a single bit of unhealthy food ever again.And slowly start exercising ;)
    It's actually really easy once you get in the swing of things.:)

• I've posted before on "beauty," guys don't prefer "thicker" females. All things being equal if a man could choose between Carrie Underwood and let's say Khloe Kardashian, they would pick Carrie Underwood.

That's because Beauty is objective and we all have a predilection for what beauty is regardless of age or gender and it's not "thick"/fat/or obese women.

That being said, I'm proud of you for wanting to help yourself--I have a friend who was 5'8' and 250lbs and it took her a year and a half of hard work but she is now 160lbs! It takes a lot of commitment and don't expect to loose weight quick but its easy to loose one lb a week. If you just take that as a base line you can change a lot!

Good luck! :)

• There's a difference between thick or curvy and obese. Thick or curvy women are much more attractive than the bean poles paraded on magazine covers and television. Obese people, however, show a lack of self-respect by remaining unhealthy; and those with a lack of self-respect and confidence are more unattractive than bean poles.

My girlfriend is curvy and follows a strict exercise regimen: she looks great and receives compliments often. She takes care of herself, which builds her self-respect and confidence; others can see that and are drawn to it.

People on either end of the spectrum, underweight and overweight people, are simply unattractive because they don't take care of themselves. Men want a woman whom can take care of them; if you can't take care of yourself, how can you take care of him?

• Healthy is one of the strongest natural evolutionary attractions that exist.
    I want a girl I can be active with and do stuff with into my 70s and 80s.

• its not the size of the person on outside its the size of them on the inside if I dated a heavy set girl and we been going out for a while I would take her to bed and would want her to go naked in the home so she can feel better about herself around me and that's all that would count not what everybody else says

• None of these are my answer so i am gonna write.
    I am a skinny/slim guy so it won't work for me but she has a chance to be a good friend.

by the way your bmi is so high it is a miracle you are still alive

• To be fair BMI has been proven to be a poor indicator of health.

• yes when you look at it and say "hey i am not exactly in the range" but recently they have been studies to put bone frame into account. my frame is small that is why my healthy weight range is in smaller range than guys my height.
      also when you are 5 kilos or less outside the range or healthy weight then it is ok but if you are 20 or more then you aren't healthy and either your fat percentage is really high or really low.

• I love to move. I would play sports and exercise 24/7 if I could. so, I am looking for a girl who can move. They do not have to have model looks, but they have to enjoy at least walking at a minimum.

• Health issues but if i like a girl, no matter what shape (a triangle or square lol just kidding) or size would be no problem

• It shows you can't take care of yourself.

Simple as that.

• How so?

• Seriously?

The side effects of obesity are well documented and well known by everyone. Being obese is bad for you. If you're obese, you aren't taking care of yourself.

• You do have a good point, thank you!

• I dont. But I would probably if they got one hell of a personality

• I'm 230lbs at 6'5 and it's not healthy so you're really unhealthy. Don't think about dating. Think about yourself. Get healthy or you won't live til 40.

• Personally I wouldn't

• If you hate being so fat, why should someone else like it?

• There are some attractive fat or chubby girls, bu NEVER obese. and im sorry 227 pounds is wayy too much.

What Girls Said 8

• Maybe because it is seen as unhealthy. Of course though, there are a lot of unhealthy skinny people as well. If you want to lose weight, lose it for yourself, and only yourself.

• You shouldn't be worried about being "petite" and "small framed. " your issue is being very very overweight and that's a huge medical problem. It's not so black and white. You can be not-fat and also not be petite. You need to be healthy, don't worry about a boyfriend right now.

• Obese is unhealthy, unattractive. You're most likely bigger than them, you're more likely to be inhibited by it in many situations, health problems increase their risk like crazy...
    Its against nature to be obese.

• You already know the answer, because it is not healthy.

• Guys don't like obesity

• Think of it this way:
    You shouldn't lose the weight for anyone but you. And you must love yourself enough to know that is dangerous to your health and goes beyond a preference of body type.
    Guys love all shapes and sizes, but your body weight is dangerous to your health.

• You can be overweight and attractive. I like the fuller faces of pudgy girls. But most people wouldn't be able to date a fat girl out side of fetishizers just because of how unhealthy and unattractive the bodies are.

• No fat girls are not datable. Intact it's a law against it!

Hense the sarcasm =/