What to think of this? Weirdest date I've ever been on?

I had met this guy online, he's 22 and I'm 18 and he lives in the same town as me and actually graduated from the same high school I did.
We clicked online and he seemed really genuine and nice, and down to earth. He told me he'd never bullsh*t me and would treat me good. The site said we were a 90% match and 0% enemies, and we had both answered a LOT of the site's questions. And we have a lot of the same hobbies.
We talked a lot. Every single day. Then finally we decided to meet. He drove to my house and picked me up today. The first thing we did was smoke some weed (that's something we both like to do). I ended up feeling so high and so strange, I thought he had laced it with something. I've never been that high before and I've smoked many times before. I was so out of it and I kept saying weird stuff and I kept apologizing for acting so weird but he thought it was cute. It didn't even feel like real life, and I kept having short term memory loss- type things. We went to see a movie, and I had no idea what was going on in the movie. We both cuddled and fell asleep. I sobered a bit, and we went to the park and talked a lot and cuddled. He compliments me nonstop. He said that if other guys hit on me, he might have to beat them up. I laughed but he said "I'm not joking". That was kinda weird.
Well he didn't try anything creepy at all. I like him a whole lot and feel lots of chemistry with him. When I got home, he actually asked me to be his girlfriend. I don't know what to say because isn't that moving a bit fast?

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah that's moving fast and there are a couple of red flags but I wouldn't immediately get rid of him. He sounds like he could be a nice guy that is just inexperienced with dating/relationships.

So what I would do is have a talk with him and explain the things that make you feel uncomfortable. The two that jump out to me are him potentially having jealousy issues (because that can mean insecurity and trust issues...no trust = no relationship) and obviously asking you to be his girlfriend after one date. Now you said you like him a lot and feel tons of chemistry so he's probably feeling the same way and just isn't aware that that was an awkward thing to say after the first date, so I wouldn't really worry about it too much. You said he didn't try anything creepy which leads me to believe his intentions are pure.

But still, I would talk to him, and emphasize how much you like him, but tell him you want to date a little longer and get to know him better before you can make such a big commitment as a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• Yep, I would say that's moving a bit too fast. As a general advice, let at least a month go by before you accept that kind of commitment. I would in general think that at least to date for a month would tell you if you want to consider a guy for a relationship, and in this case, there were details you didn't like, so I would go as far as to say that you should have a closer evaluation of what type of guy he 'really' is for some 2 or 3 months.

Next time, avoid getting high at all costs. You don't want to be dating someone that could be aiming to getting you intoxicated for whatever purpose. Talk, chat, maybe a kiss, but take this slowly. Be safe!