I'm a GEEK BUT I WANNA GET A GIRLFRIEND?

I know I'm a geek, if not working, I'm watching tutorials and practicing my animation skills, I. sleep less than 5hrs mostly.I droped out of school just after high school, I work hard and try to do businesses..ha I feel like I'm a neon..I work at a casting agency and I see models everyday, beautiful models from all over the world but I never get any.I've never even tried once, I'm so scared and shy.wen the computers turn off my life tells me I need someone to get closer with and text and sometimes go at the restaurant for drinks but hey, I don't know if any good girls are interested In me.I'm selective though I don't like the mainstream type of girls who are possessed with fashion and celebrities, I want an intelligent one that I can grow with...I'm only 20 in July and I'm from capetown..what can I do? Why are all girls with jerks? I'm don't spend like a dumb fuck as well, is this maybe a prob? I don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• Animation skills, nice :) I was following some tutorials for 3ds max yesterday. You could try to think that a person is like someone you animated, so you can kinda pretend like you don't have to be scared of people. People are also kinda programmed in some kind of way =)
    Just realise that there's no reason to be scared of them, and try to have a conversation.

• Thanks for MH :)

• by the way im moving from c4d to maya

• I've never used c4d, but I've used maya once.

What Girls Said 6

• You can't just sit on your arse looking at models all day and expect one to fall into your lap and NOT be a fashionista type.

Uh, they're MODELS, bro. It's their JOB to be superficial.

Why don't you go out to places where your types of girls would hang out? Conventions? Libraries?

And actually talking to people tends to help.

• Well hi fellow animator! Well I'm more of a traditional animator. Anywho, it is hard to find someone when you yourself is an intelligent person who needs to have a mental connection with that person to make it work. You'll meet her one day. I think I might have met one after a year or so of not being with anyone. And noo not all girls are with jerks. I can't ever see jerks as boyfriend material.

• You haven't been out lately have you?

• how did you know i havent:)? i dont go out at all, i sit in my room all day, i game on a break..then i go to business meetings thats when i go out. lol when i go out i find it noisy out there and i can't concentrate, the audio spectrum waves nearly breaks my eardrum:)

• I've never had a bf but really want one but sadly I'm never noticed. I sleep very little also and I don't really fit into any stereotypes. I'm almost 19

• I'm also extremely shy until people get to know me.

• lets keep our hopes high dear...-_-

• Yep.

• Hit geek type social events and meet girls there!

• yeah maybe i should try that

• I have a cousin who loves anime, dr. who, drawing, etc. she has a bunch of friends and they're almost always single looking for a guy to share their interests.

• Do u consider urself attractive?

• i wouldn't say im bad looking, I've had some complements here and there

What Guys Said 8

• Start talking with the girls man, it can be about anything, slowly you will be less and less shy when it comes to women, especially hot women in your case. Girls gravitate not towards jerks, but towards men with confidence, who are not afraid to speak their mind, funny, and who are willing to "fight and protect" them.

• that seems to be true, haha a lot of work though...will try this out man.,.will tell you how it ends

• Make yourself as attractive as you can...and go out there and talk to these female human beings.

The reason i say "talk" is because you're putting too much pressure on yourself. Females are interesting to talk to...just talk, dont worry about being perfect in your words or try to impress. :)

• making myself attractive all the time, thats kinda a lot of work, i wake up at 7 and by 8:15 im at work...never had so much time for dressing up and make up but will try soon otherwise the galaxy wil fall i guess

• Then get up at 6:45 or 6:30. Take time to shower, comb your hair. Put on some clean unwrinkled clothes. You know, the stuff in your closet. Not what's on the floor. Shave everyday. It's not a lot of work. It just takes effort

• Precisely... it does take work to make yourself look good.

The main thing is...are u willing to PUT IN the work to make yourself look good to attract a girlfriend?

• You outright said you never try. Try first.

Do people really think like this? Why are you here?

• Keep you head up get out there and try and if things aren't working , take a break and enjoy other things in life.

• the prob is i dont find what people do there any fun...but will try

• You basicly need to get your fingers out of your ass and start going out with your friends to places there's actually girls (and alcohol) makes it much easier.

• somebody once told me that but i dont drink and wen i go at the bar, it feels like im wasting time, and i doubt if the girls i see there are my type coz most of them got weird attitudes i think

• "feels like im wasting time,"
      Wasting what time? Going home sitting by yourself wishing you had someone to text?

" i doubt if the girls i see there are my type coz most of them got weird attitudes i think"
      So you're not interested in the models (don't blame you for that). If you go to a bar you think.
      "They're not my type, they probably have weird attitudes."
      I guess it's perfectly reasonable to come to that conclusion. You don't talk to them and you would rather be at home wishing you had someone to text.You're right they might have weird attitude. But is it any weirder than the one you have? Why not try and meet those girls and actually talk. Sit across from each other and text if you want.
      Unless you know of a Nerds Are Us near you...

• You have to change up what you are doing if you aren't having success

• You sound like the next Elliot Rodger!

Honestly, just set your standards a lot lower, go for an ugly girl. or if you can't even talk to ugly girls go for a hooker. though be careful ugly girls are generally mean.

• Just find a girl who's as much of a geek as you are. They exist.