Is it bad that a girl turned me down because my hair is blond colored?

I really liked this girl and thought she was very sweet and kind and she was very beautiful. She was a young brunette and has the prettiest smile ever. She would always smile and act friendly around people, I developed a crush on her and asked her out on a date. She laughed and said she doesn't date guys with blond hair. I felt really bad on the inside afterwards, like my stomach dropped in my chest, and went home and cried for a bit, because I know that my hair color is something I cannot change and I was born with. I really liked this girl, and this hurt my feelings pretty badly.

Should I feel guilty about having blond hair? My mother had it and passed it on to me, but it seems that most girls really don't like it (I searched the internet for polls on the subject, almost all women only want dark hair on their man). This makes me a little sad because I thought love was deeper than one's physical appearance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't prefer blonde hair on men either but I can look past it.

If she was serious then you dodged a bullet there. She's clearly WAY too shallow.

What Girls Said 9

• That just means you aren't her type. Move on. Everyone is different and likes different things. I only like brown haired guys. Its just who i like.

• Let's say a guy dyed his hair brown and you (thinking it was natural) fell in love with him. Then later on in the relationship he tells you his natural color is blond. Would you get rid of him?

• Nope. Its just hair color. Personality is what really matters.

• You shouldn't feel guilty for having blonde hair. When you find the right girl, if you have physical attributes that she normally finds unattractive she will easily look past them. In my experience, when you really fall for someone preferences like that become so insignificant.

• Naah, it's just her :) I like blond guys or guys with dark hair as long as it's their NATURAL color. I don't like guys that color their hair.

• I hope so.

I am 21 and have never been in love with a girl before. It makes me feel sad and depressed.

• Aren't most swedes blonde? i guess she got sick of seeing blonde as the common colour.

You're still young, you'll find another girl in no time.

• Are you sure she didn't mean "I don't date guys with blonde hair but you're an exception" or "sorry, I just don't date guys with blonde hair"?

• She basically said that because I had blond hair, I was not worthy of dating her, then walked away. It felt like getting punched in the stomach.

• Aryan praaablumzz!

She's shallow, you'll find better :3

• Well she is demanding one 😒😒

• "Preferences" - GaG

• It's preferences

What Guys Said 5

• It's not bad at all. You deserve better than to date someone as superficial as that; it saved you a lot of grief in the future.

• No definitely don't feel bad its her loss. I have blond hair and women seem to love it. O/c women will most always like tall dark and handsome. But blond hair is unique and plenty of women find it super attractive in my experience

• Thanks I wish girls liked it where I live. I like girls of all hair colors.

• I live in Canada and most men here have dark hair, so I am the minority :( Not many men here can relate to me.

• I lived in upstate new York for a few years. About an hour from Niagara falls. That girl crushes you unfairly but definitely does not speak for all. Plenty of women love the blondes lol no worries

• Your hair color is not something that you can change, I'm sure there are plenty of girls besides the ones that voted in the polls that like guys with blonde hair. And she sounded very shallow to me you don't deserve her.

• As you said, she was a young brunette, had a prettiest smile and was very beautiful - you were attracted to her because you liked her physical appearance, among other things. Unfortunately she didn't like yours. It sucks, but it happens to everyone. Girls need physical attraction just like guys do.

I have blond hair too. My girl, a pretty brunette herself, absolutely loves it. She has a thing for guys with blond hair. Many other girls have too, so don't worry about it. Don't let her preference make you insecure.

• Preferences are preferences bro!