16 year old dating 22 year old in MI?

Is it legal for a 16 year old who looks and is very mature and looks like she is 19 date a 22 year old (No SEX of any kind just making out kissing holding hands ect.) in the state of Michigan? Is it legal since there wouldn't be any sex? Please include real current laws only.

Thank you everyone for answering so far. The reason I put the looks and maturity part was because I didn't want someone to say that he was in a different point mentally and why would he date someone so young, basically that he has issues.

Most Helpful Guy

• No it isn't illegal as long as you two aren't havin sex, another thing to keep in mind, be mindful of the fact at the age of 22 a man's life can change pretty quickly, so be ready for obstacles in your relationship that fly right over your head, and you might not be ready for. The man thing is knowing you're committed. He will wait when it's important that you stay in his life. If he is college, there is a big chance you aren't his only option, so don't treat your relationship like you're dating a guy in high-school.

What Guys Said 3

• Its legal in some places. Google would be better then taking someones word for it. Looks don't supersede laws and he could get into much trouble for it

• How the 16 year old looks and acts has nothing to do with it.

Look up the statutes yourself.

• Yes it's legal. The sex is illegal, silly.

What Girls Said 2

• 0|0
  • The laws in Michigan are really messed up so make sure u read them really well I was raised in Michigan and I had my son when I was 15 his father was 17 and charged as a sex offender and it was the state that pressed the charges just be careful and read the laws carefully