Have any guys here had success in dating a little later in life?

I'm just wondering since growing up I didn't have any success with girls. Seems like most kids were dating in high school, some as early as middle school, but I'm nearly through college and I still haven't ever had a girlfriend or dated or anything. What sucks too is that my standards are also pretty high which doesn't seem to benefit me much either lol. Beggars can't be choosers right?

Anyway, I really hope my luck will change soon. Once I take my first job out of school, I'll be around all new people and everything, making good money, I would imagine it would get better at least. Hopefully. I feel like a different person than I did back in high school.

I wasn't really in with anyone back in grade school. All the kids I knew, they all hung out and partied together and a lot of girls and guys would date because they were already close and stuff. I wasn't lucky enough to have that kind of thing going for me I guess. Idk.

It just seems like I'm going through life all alone, by myself, when a lot of my peers all had tons of meaningful connections and relationships with each other. I often wonder why that is. Why not me too? I just don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know how old you are, but it's never too late to change your "luck" with women.

I didn't have any intimate experience at all until I was 22, which is quite late by today's standards. And now four relationships and nine years later, I feel quite confident when it comes to women.

Just keep working at it, and you'll get there. It really does ALL start with feeling good about yourself first. The rest will follow.

• I've been feeling pretty great about myself lately, since last year I'd say and getting better. We'll see how things continue to improve hopefully.

• I understand.

Sometimes SOME people have to work a little harder at it. I'd be blowing smoke up your ass if I tried to pretend like some things don't come a little easier in life for SOME people.

I'd suggest that you immerse yourself in things that you're passionate about. Like if you're into hiking, join a hiking meetup group. Or if you're into animals, volunteer at a local shelter.

Those are just quick little examples, but I think you'd be surprised at how you can develop meaningful relationships with people that way.

• Thanks again!

What Girls Said 3

• you can't rely on LUCK. you have to take action and ownership of your life. why not reach out to people and make an effort to be more social now? that will get you a better chance to get a gf

• You shouldn't worry so much. Sounds like you're headed down the right track and you seem to know what you want out of life. That right person will come along and see you for who you truly are. Keep your head up and your happiness will continue to follow :)

• Don't believe the hype ;)

Lots of people in the same boat... All my friends had sig others during highschool...I did not. I finally meet a nice guy at 24... For awhile I thought what am I doing wrong? But maybe it was nothing, maybe I wasn't meant to meet the nice guy until this age? If you're 30 and still hadn't connected with someone I would be concerned but sometimes the best things are worth waiting for! Keep your chin up :) 💜

• I'm really starting to "worry" about it less and less. But of course it would just be nice to be able to attract some attractive women. Have some options. Know that women actually want to date me and find me interesting, because that's something I've really never felt. :/

• Idk...try Internet dating, or join lots of social groups. The more people you meet the better chances of meeting someone you connect with.

What Guys Said 2

• At your new job you should try to find guys who enjoy a great night out and make it happen. Maybe you enter a fragmented situation so you have to bring up the idea of going to a bar or whatever.

Just getting out there and loosening up will open many opportunities because there's usually a group of girls out there that matches your group of guys. I won't guarantee anything substantive but you will enjoy yourself.

• Yeah that's a good idea. Because even though I've done lots and been a lot of places, what have I really experienced? A small fraction of what I'll experience in my lifetime. Things are just beginning really. There's still a lot to look forward to.

• It's ok. You can easily get 18 year olds well into your 40s.

• No way I'm staying single until I'm 40. lol. It better not even take until I'm 25!

• I have to find some that I find interesting first. lol

• You have to talk to them first. lol.