GUYS: curly afro or dreadlocks? Which is more attractive on an African American woman?

I'm trying to get an idea if I should stick with my curly fro or lock my hair up but if i get dreadlocks i dont want it to have a negative affect on my dating life. I am African American btw.

• curly afro looks best on African American women
    60% (3)83% (5)73% (8)Vote
  • neat and manicured dreadlocks looks best on African American women
    40% (2)17% (1)27% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|6

Most Helpful Girl

• Seriously, don't concern yourself with men who won't date you on the basis of your hairstyle- they're not worth your time.

I have had dreads for years. I keep them neat and tidy, for the most part lol.
    Best hair decision I've made. Although I had an amazing Afro most of my teenage years...slightly miss it. Sometimes I get the urge to go up to black girls an touch their hair, but that could get me into some trouble lol.
    If you want, I could message you my blog and YouTube channel and you could have a look at how I wear it.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I lobe curly hair on a black women It just looks so sexy. Check these out http://instagram.com/CURLYBEAUTYS_

0|0
    0|0
  • No fros unless you're going for the full on disco look. If you're doing dreads, then have them fairly long. Well past shoulder length.

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither. They are both horrible looking on anyone. Find a nice hair style that fits you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like both

0|0
    0|0
  • semi straightened hair looks best

0|0
    0|0
  • Please don't do afro. Dreadlocks look very good on African American women ;)

0|0
    0|0
    • What's wrong with an afro?

• Show All
    • Nah, it's how our hair grows out of our heads. I've never told a white woman her hair grows in a dated way lol.

• There's different hairstyles and I was answering the asker's question and personally I like dreadlocks on an African American women.

Yes everyone grows hair. But I don't believe that your hair automatically grows into an afro lol, I've seen black women with many different hairstyles.

What Girls Said 4

• Who the hell cares what anyone else thinks? You should not. As an African American woman myself, I don't give a fuck if someone does not like my hairstyle. If your boyfriend cannot like you for who you are then they do not deserve to have you. Do not feel ashamed of who you are.

2|0
    0|0
  • I always loved the look of a small afro, maybe pushed back with a bandanna
    I think it looks so good

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the Afro looks best plus you can always change it up too

0|0
    0|0
  • Straight hair looks the best

0|0
    0|0