Are black women angry about white women dating black men?

I was watching a talk show the other day. There were black women who were up in arms about white women stealing their men. The couples were on there also. The men says they will date who ever they want. shouldn't the black women be angry with the men? No one is putting a gun to their head.

When it comes down to it...people should date and have relationships with who they want. It is none of anyone's business who they see. EX. I have dated younger men...my family had a fit. It is my business..it is my life. Everyone needs to accept it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. We are angry that it is always ONLY black MEN dating white WOMEN. It is more accepted for black men to date white women than it is for white men to date black women. We want to date outside of our race too but you never see that happen. We feel like our race does not want us and other races do not want us either. White women will never understand what we have to go through all of the time when it comes to love.

• Where I live I see a lot of black guys with black women, white men with white women, black guys with white women, and white men with black women, White women also have problems finding people to date also so it is not just black women. There are people of many different races that have a hard time finding someone to date.

• I never said that they did not and just wondering, what race are you exactly?

What Guys Said 10

• Damn y'all on y'all black men shit today huh?

I hope they don't care because I don't care who they date.

• Some of them are angry. They shouldn't be angry at anyone, though. You don't have the right to a lover. You have to earn him or her.

• people can date who they want from whatever race they want regardless if omeone of the same race as them is mad about it or not.

• I prefer too date anyone other than white materialistic women

• And you dont think black women are materialistic?

• Being materialistic is proven from the outside. And having weaves, fake fingernails and lashes proves my point. You must not know women that well. I do payroll for a manufacturing plant. We have about 350 people. Over percent of them are black women. So I know what I am talking about.

• Yes its only my opinion but a lot of guys share it

• I don't know. Just date who you want.

• No need to call out black women for this. There are certain individuals from every group that feel the same way.
    Of course you have people like bubbletrouble say otherwise. I bet I know where she leans.

• Dont be rascist here. And it was a natural reaction of jealousy

• Why would you think I am being a racist. These are words coming from these black women's mouths. I didn't put them there. They are the who got on national tv and said they were sick of white women taking their black men. They put it out there.

• Never mind

• I'm a white man living in a white country, so I'm not gonna pretend I understand what other races and people in more diverse societies go through. But my guess would be that black women are tired of being made to feel they're somehow less than other women. Like they're not as desirable, like even their own race doesn't find them beautiful. Women need to feel pretty and desirable, society conditions them that way. So having to go through hard process of finding real love and feeling like they're at disadvantage before they even start - for something that is beyond their control, mind you - is really tough, I imagine. It's not an excuse to be up in arms, but if I were a black woman, I'd be pissed too.

• Some are angry and others are not. For the ones that are angry it could either stem from racism against whites or self esteem issues that create a fear that black women can't compete.

• People should just mind their own business instead of poking their noses into the business of others.

• Well these people must have wanted it out there. They were on a national TV show.

What Girls Said 7

• In my experience, some are bitter and angry but not all of them. My current boyfriend is black. I have had black women insult me just because I'm in an interracial relationship and claim I am "stealing" their man.

However, I am also friends with black women who do not think this way. The fact is, no one "owns" members of their own race. We're all human beings. I don't get mad when white men date women of other races. That would be ridiculous.

People need to grow up and realize that race is not important. People can date whoever they want. Just because someone chooses to date someone of another race does NOT mean that person dislikes members of their own race. Race is merely a social construct anyway. People just use it as a reason to spread hate and ignorance. Like I said before, we're all human beings and that's all that should matter.

• Also, if anyone is interested and has an open mind, I would encourage taking a look at this project developed by the American Anthropological Association regarding the biological truths of race and human variation and the history of "race." It is an exhibit in the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History but this is the similar online version. It is extremely informative. http://www.understandingrace.org/home.html

• People don't realize that race is a device meant to divide and destroy. We are all the same race biologically. Who your ancestors are depends on which root you want to go to. I'm black but have Native American and white in my ancestry. Everybody at least has those three in their ancestry here in America. Everybody. If not everybody then most everybody. It would be impossible genetics wise not to.

• I completely agree. It's extremely annoying to me when I hear people try to justify their ignorance by claiming that all the races are biologically and scientifically different. Because that's simply not true. The concept of "race" was created to divide the human species and justify cruel acts against people who looked different. Variances in skin color are due to environmental factors and centuries of people adapting to their environment. However, all humans have a common ancestor regardless of "race."

• Shouldn't have to say this, but no- a minority of women are not representative of a whole, entire race of women.
    What's with all the generalisations today.

• Some people are just irrational. Everyone makes their own choices and no one is taking anyone's man away - he was never yours in the first place if someone can take him away.

• No and those that are, are the ones that only date inside their/our race. Hell, personally, I don't care. There are other men in this world and me limiting myself to one race is just pue stupidity.

• Everyone gets mad when somebody "of their own" is out and about.
    Besides, white guys are far worse in this department.

• Well they need to get over it. Everyone should date who they want.

• No, I don't care. I generally date outside my race. If anything, I've experienced the opposite. I've had lots of black men express anger and disapproval of my interracial relationships. My boyfriend has even been threatened with violence.

• Only the black women who date black men are. Im not angry. I never really found black men sexually attractive or appealing personality. Im mixed with black. But hey if I can date who I want, then black men and men in general should