I have an unhealthy infatuation with a guy I can't have?

I am infatuated with an older guy that I was casually dating. I thought that I would eventually get over him but I have been infatuated with him for about 2 years now. I think about him pretty much everyday, I go over our old conversations in my head, when I go shopping I try to buy clothes according to whether I would want to wear it on a date with him, etc. I have dreams about him where we are dating and happy together.

I know its unhealthy and probably really creepy but I really can't seem to stop. I'm not exactly the most sane person anyway but no I am not going to stalk him or anything, I just have a very consuming, unhealthy infatuation with him.

We stopped hanging out on somewhat bad terms and have not spoken since. Even if we started talking again I really don't think that I would be able to make things work with him because of personal issues in my life right now. We really are not on the same page because he is older, I am still young and immature. So I just really need to stop this obsession.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a crush and the fact that it has been as you have said two years of infatuation is a clear sign that either you just gotta go for it with him, or find another guy you think you could have a (possibly more) meaningful connection/relationship with.

You just need to get your mind of this guy by focusing on someone else. But remember age isn't always a big factor in relationships unless it's like decades, it all depends on how you guys left it with one another, which apparently wasn't on good terms...

What Guys Said 5

• I've always wished I had this effect on girls.

I don't, but it'd crack me up if some girl made posts like this because of me.

Either try talking to him again or move on.

• Maybe they do, you never know XD

• That could be true. One of my ex's stalked me and is still a little too interested in my life when I talk to her. Lol.

• You need to find a new dude to obsess about. His memory will fade away :)

• Is he married

• It's a crush not just an infatuation.

• spell it out for him and see if his response is good enough for what you want

What Girls Said 0