How important are finances to you? Could you date someone who was terrible with finances?

How important are finances to you? How important is economic stability to you?

Meaning do you make time to budget your money, and plan on your future expenses, wants, and needs?

Could you date someone who didn't plan financially and didn't budget their money at all?

• Finances are my #1 priority, finances are the foundation of a healthy life
  • Finances are important, but its not the most important
  • I could care less about finance
  • I should care, but I don't
For those of you that don't care. How are you getting by? Do you live with your parents? Who is financially responsible for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is definitely one of if not the most important thing I have to know about someone before I'd marry them. In any future serious relationship of mine, it's imperative that my partner be serious about her finances. I could NOT share my life with someone does not care about her financial well being. She MUST have (what I deem) strong financial sense and plan for the future.

I believe the #1 reason for divorce in America is financial differences.

I voted A

• financial differences are the leading cause of divorce.

What Guys Said 4

• I would care of course, because this is something that will impact the relationship. However, if I feel that I am able to provide for her, or at least support her with her financial decisions, then I won't have a problem. It's all dependent on the circumstances, if she is in debt to help those in need, as in her closest family, I have no problem with that. IF she is in debt, to feed a drug, gambling, alochol, illegal addiction, then yeah. That would be a deal breaker...

• Don't care. The hottest girls don't even have real jobs yet.

• Don't really care that much. At least not now but I'm only 22

• #1 reason for divorce MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

What Girls Said 4

• I think finances are important. I think if they get out of hand, stress sets in majorly. Finances seem to be a very tricky thing now with debts, loans, and credit cards, but when things go really wrong I think that can negatively effect relationships too. With that being said, I am with someone who is terrible with finances but we talk about it together often and he tries. Its not a deal breaker for me especially when that is basically one of the only issues we ever deal with and we dont just brush it off, we openly communicate about it.

• Knowing what I know now... I definitely wouldn't date someone that has terrible financing. My bf never cared in the beginning when we were dating about his expenses in life but I didn't know that. Ever since he was eligible to work he didn't manage his money well. Now that we have a son and are trying to start a real life together it's difficult since he had never opened a bank account nor put money aside in a shoebox or something. Life has hit him hard now that he's 25 all because he has bad management of his own money.

• Vote A. I learnt the importance of it...planning it has become impt to me

• Nobody wants to commit to someone who is going to ruin them financially. You don't have to be a stockbroker, but being a financial liability isn't so different than being a drug addict or alcoholic.