Would you change beds for a woman/man?

I'm seeing this guy. We don't have sex or anything but his bed comes up to below my breast I'm 5'1" it's hard for me to get in and out and he won't change it. Is this a sign of selfishness or am I being a diva?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 9

• 4|0
  • Get a step stool, diva.

• I would be embarrassed. lol That's kind of degrading don't you think?

• Not at all lol

If anything, it's cute :)

• You guys are too funny

• a step stool is a lot easier and cheaper then new bed , differently diva

• I think this is a sign of selfishness, on your end.

The dudes below are just giving politically correct answers. No sane individual would drop $1000 on a new bed just because someone they barely know has a hard time getting in.

Maybe if you guys knew each other much better and you were considering moving in, it'd be understandable

• I knew him quiet well. It's just that we just started dating.

• Maybe :P you'll probably get used to it.
      GET A RUNNING START

• I still end up clutching the covers to get on lol

• Well if it was causing that much of a problem I guess I would change it. But my bed feels like heavens bed just super comfy so I'd be sad to see it go.

• That's kinda funny and hot. But I wouldn't have a bed that high to begin with...

• Roll out a comforter or futon mattress and have sex on the floor.

• There may be legitimate reasons to ask for a bed change. I think this is borderline.

• maybe later in the relationship?

• Yeah, that might be better

• i think you´re being a diva XD get a stepladder or something. why would he change his bed, if you don´t even have sex? i mean it would be arguable if you were in a long term relationship.

• He likes me to come over and he always wants me to get in bed with him because he's a cuddler. So...it only seems right to lessen the struggle.

• Lol alright. Thanks. If he stops talkin to me because of that I'll be pissed.

• pretty sure, he won´t. and if he does, it wasn´t ever going to be...

What Girls Said 11

• You're "seeing" him. Meaning you aren't a girlfriend or wife therefore you have no say. I wouldn't buy a new bed just because someone who may not even be permeant in my life dislikes it. That's selfish of you to ask that. That's like him asking you to get rid of a pet because he doesn't like it. Sounds crazy.

• He's tall. He had a bed that was comfortable for him to get into, without him putting too much stress onto his knees. Well we had to change bed frames , instead of putting the box spring too... We just put the mattress on to see if it was leveled. Well I told him I Iike it this way. He gave it a chance and kept it low.

I Prefer not to do it. But I'm willing to give it a chance before giving a definite answer. It's his bed, not yours. Don't make him do it

• Maybe you could get a stool? Beds are expensive. That bed is high though.

• I'm 5'1 as well...and I just stood next to my bed to understand the situation. DUDE. What kind of bed is THAT tall?

• It's really ridiculous and inconsiderate lol

• dude... i would just run and jump onto it. :D

• I do. But I always end up having to pull myself up by the comforter. Oversized toddler style.

• Only if living together or married would I make him change the bed, that is too ridiculously tall

• If you aren't in a serious committed relationship why should he get rid of a bed that probably cost at least a grand for you? Would you like to spend that kind of money on him right now?

• Haha no ma'am.

• But he should be willing to? Bed frames are not cheap they run from $100 for super cheap and thousands for really nice. If it's that tall it has to be nice so I would price point it at least at $800 on the lower side to $2000 on the high side. And depending on the size of the bed itself the matress is pretty pricey too. I have a pillow top queen size that was $600 on SALE. So the question is why do you think he should shell out that mych money for you?

• Because I'm precious? Just kidding lol

• haha i'd ask him to pick me up (literally) and put me on the bed xD

• You're being a diva.

You're "seeing this guy". For how long? Unless you've been together for ages, sleep together and live together, I don't see any reason why he should spend thousands and get a new bed so you don't have to jump up.

• Weve known each other for a while. Just started dating. And he the one that insists I get in

• yeah but I mean.. if a guy picks you up in his car, you wouldn't ask him to get a new one because you don't like it... It's just silly.

• haha oh man. i'd be so embarrassed each time i try to get up. i'm pretty short too. But I don't think it's necessary for him to change it. Get a step stool. How tall is he anyway?

• 6 4. But we were the same height in elementary school. He just shot up.

• oh man. I've been with someone that's 6'2 and i felt like such a midget next to him even if i'm 5'3. No wonder he doesn't mind having his bed that high.

• Lol my tallest was 6'7" it was so awkward. People stared a lot. I decided to be just friends.

• no, do you know how much that stuff cost

• I've never bought a bed set? I guess that's the name of it. Haha but it's really a hassle trying to get into the bed. It makes my non existent abs sore.

• Alright. Thanks.

• No problem

• It's harder for you to get on and off of But you'll learn. He likes his bed and he's had it for a while I assume and you'd be selfish to make him get a new one...