Beautiful people never date beautiful people?

It seems like very good looking people don't usually date other very good looking people. Not to say that beautiful people date ugly people but just people are a clearly below their league.

I know the above statement sounds incredibly shallow and obviously people are attracted to personality's and beauty is highly subjective. But generally people in relationships are around the same level of attractive. But this isn't the case for physically very beautiful people. It seems like a beautiful girl is often with a good looking but average guy and a great looking guy is always with a pretty but plain girl.

Why do you think this is? As I said I know personality and personal taste obviously play a huge role, but even considering that there seems to be a big contrast between their looks.

Why do you think this is? The more details the better!! Thanks in advance :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I'm a beautiful girl, and I can support that because most guys I've dated were average looking. I've gone to dates where the guy was just as attractive as myself, but I never seemed to be interested in him. That doesn't mean that he was a jerk or anything, some of them were genuinely nice guys but I just never saw a second date coming.

I must say, this is one hell of a good question because I never really thought about it much. I think that when you date an average looking guy, when personality and personal taste is not into the equation, things are easier. Most average looking guys don't only like you for your looks, they like you even more for your personality. Now from my experience, most attractive guys I went out with regarded me as a trophy girlfriend: someone they could hold and show off to their friends. That didn't mean that he liked me any less, but the entire purpose of the relationship was messed up.

It might sound selfish, but I feel more comfortable with someone who isn't as good looking as David Beckham because just try to imagine how hard it would be to compete with that? By now means am I intending to say that a relationship is a competition between looks. I'm simply saying that it isn't easy to have a great self-esteem when you constantly have to think that he might dump you because you're not pretty/nice/funny/etc. enough. And that's a reality. I've had countless friends who were attractive and had even more attractive boyfriends, and in their relationships it was all about appearances. Two of them had never allowed their boyfriends to see them without makeup. I mean, how twisted is that?

But that's my take in it. I'm curious to read the other responses! Great question, once again!

What Guys Said 8

• I don't think this is true. brad pitt and Angelina jolie are considered "beautiful people". Katherine Zeta Jones/ Michael Douglass, Warren Beatty/Annette Benning, Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachey, on and on... then there is me and my fiancĂ©. I think we are both pretty beautiful, haha

• Well pro guys can get girls well out of their league because they KNOW what they're doing. They're experts in making girls sub consciously fall in love with them.

They KNOW how to talk, they can nail it every time.

My crush is crushing on a friend of mine. She is peaking model level hot! But my friend has no interest in her cause he doesn't like her. He's not very attractive but he knows how to talk. My crush took it the wrong way and now she's just lost thinkin about him.

Josh Pellicer, Bobby Rio, Rob judge and tripp get the hottest girls in ny.

They're broke at times, not attractive but they KNOW their stuff.

Know the psychology, get any girl.

• All things considered, there are far more attractive women than there are attractive guys, so their is some legitimacy to your statement.

That, in and of itself explains partially the contrast in appearance between many good looking people and there partners.

• gotta feel bad for the underdog sometimes right?

• I haven't noticed this. I see gorgeous couples all the time.. Perhaps you only remember the ones that are different looking

• Nah I date beautiful girls. Lol

• Not sure where you live but I see beautiful people paired up all the time. Most people stick to their "level".

• Gorgeous girls often want to whore themselves out for money over substance.

Gorgeous guys don't want to date a girl who whores herself out for money over substance.

What Girls Said 1

• If the first sentence were correct, I would get all the hot guys lol, because my personality is nice even though I don't have an attractive body or face. At least here in my town attractive people date only attractive persons or more attractive than them. i don't think there's a big contrast if someone is plain. You can be simple and plain and still be attractive. I still think it has somewhat to do with personality

• You are pretty not plain. I like your cheekbones.

• Haha thank you so much :) seems like I'm the only one who's bringing myself down.. thank you