Is is THAT hard to ask a girl out?

I was told that it's super hard to work up the nerve to ask out a girl. (I'm in jr. High) Is this true? Please feel free tell personal stories.

0|0
0|10

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people don't like to be judged, and that is what happens as soon as the guy walks up to the girl. In Jr. high it is especially hard for several reasons.

Girls at that age can be really cruel and/or over react when a guy they don't like asks them out. I heard several guys in Jr. high get accused of being creepy, shallow, or perverted, for simply asking a girl on a date.

Most of these guys have never had much, if any success with a girl at that age yet, so it is easy for the guy to worry that he is ugly or weird. We hear about problems effecting women's self esteem all the time, but the truth is men have just as many issues with self esteem as women. Most of the time I would say it is actually lower, because even good looking guys are rarely approached. Nor do we often catch a girl checking us out. Apparently girls are a lot more subtle about it so we don't notice them looking at us. So most guys just assume they must be ugly or else girls would be looking at them.

Guys also don't feel they have much to offer a girl at that age. The girls are often taller, and guys don't have a car or money of their own yet to take the girl out to what they have been taught is a typical date.

Some guys were taught not to see women as sex objects, to the point that a lot of guys are ashamed of their feelings for the girl, even though it is perfectly natural.

They aren't even getting any good advice on girls, or how to improve themselves. "Have confidence, and just be yourself" is basically all guys get told. If it were only that easy, no one would have confidence issues. So these guys walk around completely clueless.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, it is really hard! Not everyone has that skill or confidence to simply walk up to someone and express that level of how they feel. You are lowering all defenses and opening yourself up to anything. People are more worried about being rejected, or being teased, than to actually find out someone they like does like them back.

0|1
    0|0
  • It certainly is if you see a girl's rejection as a rejection of you as a person as opposed to a rejection of the idea of dating.

0|1
    0|0
  • When you're a kiddo like that? Definitely. First time I asked a girl out, it was quite an experience. Gets a lot easier as you go along.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely.

0|0
    0|0
  • you are right.. men make it real hard and then blame all women..

0|0
    0|0
  • Its always a rejection of the other person asking

0|0
    0|0
  • lets phrase it another way.

is it that hard to put your ego, self esteem and confidence in a position where it can be crushed and trampled upon? yes it is.

I remember a girl on here told of how she worked up the courage to ask a guy out and had a new found appreciation for what guys have to go through.

go hit on and ask out the hottest guy in your school to see for yourself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most girls can't bring themselves to approach even one guy.

Yet guys are expected to approach tens or even hundreds of girls, even though girls are pickier than guys, and even though most guys, unlike most girls, have never had their self-esteem boosted by having been approached.

So, there's your answer really.

0|1
    0|0
  • At that age, yeah haha. At that age a guy is looking at the prospect of asking a girl out and thinks about getting rejected then looks around going "Is there a bus I could just get hit by to end this whirlwind of irrational fear?"

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.