How long should a guy wait before he texts a girl he just met?

If a guy is chatting with a girl and they got to know each other for a little bit and then he gets her number. Generally speaking, How long should he wait before he texts her?

• The next day
  • 2 days
  • 3 days
  • 4 days
  • 5 days

Most Helpful Girl

• Forget that 3 day shit
    If I were talking to a guy and hit it off, I'd want to get a text the next day to know that he's interested. A text 3 days later I would have forgotten him already
    Text while meeting a person is still fresh in your mind, not when they have to reply "oh yeah! I think I remember you..."

What Girls Said 5

• I would say the next day to show interest (that is, if you're interested in her) And then play it cool when she texts back. Don't text her back in 0.003 milliseconds, wait about 5 to 10 minutes to make yourself look busy. That's what I like a guy to do.

• lol. You are an ass. 1-3 days

• I would say the next day is good. If I like a guy I would really like a response the next day

• I'm kinda the type of girl that doesn't play games so if I gave you my number then you text me no lets wait "2,4" days and Id hope the guy was the same lol

• That depends. Did you chat with her online or in person? did you get her number in person?

What Guys Said 7

• Around 24 hrs. If she is a hot girl she might get hit on a lot of guys especially if its the weekend so she might forget you; so make sure you let her know whats up.

• i LIKE THE 3 DAY RULE and thats for the phone. ok Text I would say wait 2 days

• Whenever you want and you think is best.

There's no hard and fast rule for this sorta thing...

• Immediately. You just met her. You need to escalate.

• Why must we play theses immature games. 1-2days

• Sooner is better but not the same they he got her number.

• Wait two years