Should I show my diary to my boyfriend?

Hi! :) Just wondering... many websites say don't do it but I only write travel journals, e.g. mostly overseas/cruise trips, and I tend to not overwrite on my feelings and stuff, although I sometimes do.

Do guys feel "special" if a girl shows him her diary? Or should that be avoided because guys will think these girls are too easy to get?

I mean, I know some guys like mysterious girls rather than knowing everything about her. However, it's just a travel diary, like recounting what happened, how I felt, etc.

By the way I'm 20 years old. Another question. How long should we date before showing it to him? I know it's no big deal, but it might come across as something different

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone is saying don't show it so I would follow the majority but if you showed it to me I would feel so friggin special and I love trying to understand people I pretty much just stand at work staring at my customers watching how they act throughout the day, I find it really funny, so yea I would enjoy reading someone's diary and reading how they think, especially if I was In a relationship with them:)

What Guys Said 6

• tats not even romantic

• I never want girl show me a diary if it's something special to her after all , girls are entitled to their privacy.

• I don't like reading show me pictures :)

• No! You must set boundaries. May want to share everything with him now The later might not be alright for you bye-bye then you can put the cat back in the bag. Must trust each other good to form a good relationship. If there's something you want to share with him from your diary just read the passage to him but don't give him free access

• Although it's good to share things with your partner , not everything must be shared. Some things are supposed to be I kept secret

• I would say don't show it to him. He may not be interested, in which case you'll get upset, or he may think you want a reciprocation.

What Girls Said 5

• Personally, I wouldn't. Although its up to you. As an alternative, he can listen to your trips from your diary but leave out your feelings if it makes you feel more comfortable.

• You could...depending on how close you guys are. I'd suggest against it. Diary is a very personal thing. You could just share whatever you want to verbally.
    For me, I wouldn't be able to show my diary to ANYONE no matter how close they are to me.

• No...that is a form of privacy. There are many other ways you can make your man feel special :)

• İ would not show. they will not interested it that you do.

• that's true... maybe I'll show photos instead

• He probably doesn't even care about it.