Girl I really like says we should cut all contact cause I got drunk and upset her?

I met this girl through a family friend, and we hit it off, she originally saw me as a friend and then admitted she started to like me too, we all went out as a group for her birthday, and I got a little drunk (due to being nervous), and she said I grabbed her hand a little tight and then ran my hand up her back, whilst I was drunk... I don't remember doing this. but I apologised and feel so bad as it is out of character for me, I asked her for a second chance to show her the real me, but she says she has been hurt before and doesn't want to risk being hurt again (even though I know deep down I will never do anything like that again) as I don't want to hurt or lose people I care about. she then says she doesn't think its a good idea we carry on talking even as friends due to the possibility of her brother or family finding out what happened... I really like this girl and was wondering if I left it a few months should I try contact her again and ask her to go for a coffee or something, and also is she told me she liked me how can after one drunken mistake her feelings just go? i grabbed her hand too tight and she says i ran my hand up her back which made her uncomfortable. i really miss her and know she's the one for me and i know deep down she feels the same but she is very reserved and doesn't show her or talk about her feelings or past a lot as she has been hurt before, as he last person she really liked, turned out he was married...

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like she is put off by guys that control themselves

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 6

• 1|1
  • maybe give her some space for a while. a few weeks. and then tell her again that you apologize. you drank too much which is something you rarely do and what you did is out of character an rather inexcusable, but you'd like a second chance to make a first impression.

• You're old enough to know better but there are two ways out of that doghouse:flowers or bling and a heartfelt apology.

• I'd post a little letter through her door , don't go deep at all or say you like her or wAnt to continue being friends.
    Just say you feel really bad about it and apologise for making her feel that way about you.
    Don't put any pressure on her what so ever to respond or to continue any form of relationship, that's your only chance to prove your a decent guy.

• She's flipping out just because you put your hand up and down her back? She sounds a little odd, and I'd not get involved with her at all. Go find another chick.

• This girl is a child, she can't deal with people or the very real (and always present) risk of being hurt in relationships.

Avoid her until she grows up.